[Help] For PR process, how to obtain the house registration if i am only rent in bangkok

Hello ,

I am in the process of PR, and i got the list of document required for obtaining certificate of residence from immigration today. 

In the list, #3 document requires to provide "original and copy of house registration (certificate true copy)and checking the name of the local police station in which jurisdiction your home is?". 

So if i am only renting the house , how can i get this house registration? 

I see some previous post that people use their Thai friends' house registration. Are there other options? 

And do i need to have my name added on the house registration before i show to the immigration department?  

Thank you for the answers!

2 minutes ago, marin said:

From my experience you would be in a quandary then. May I ask why she cant do that if you are renting from her?

They only provide limited documents eg. for extend or renew visa, i think they donot want to go further. i cannot force them.

2 minutes ago, JS82 said:

They only provide limited documents eg. for extend or renew visa, i think they donot want to go further. i cannot force them.

To me its the same document you would use to extend your visa, You simply cant extend without a registered residence...

This is all it is. 

https://www.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/simple-file-list2/form-download/TM30-New.pdf

2 minutes ago, marin said:

To me its the same document you would use to extend your visa, You simply cant extend without a registered residence...

This is all it is. 

https://www.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/simple-file-list2/form-download/TM30-New.pdf

This isn't it.

OP will need to have his name entered into the blue house registration book where he lives after he is granted PR. This is done at his local amphur after he is granted PR and has been given the necessary documents from Immigration to do so. It looks like Immigration want to know where he plans to register once he does get PR.

It is somewhat unreasonable for a landlord to refuse to do this, but there is really nothing the OP can do. My advice would be to find a friend or co-worker who would be amenable.

Its an annoying quirk of the process. Bottom line is you need to find a Thai or someone else who owns a condo to add you to their book. Many landlords are not keen on this at all so better to find someone you know that will help you out even if you are not actually staying there. 

Thailand its very common for people to be registered in one province but live and work in another but generally everyone is registered at a house in order to get medical coverage etc.

Non Thai can not be added to a House registration book (Blue book) but can obtain a House registration (Yellow Book) based on a Thai Bluebook. The Yellow House registration book is what is need for PR application,

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Bangel72 said:

Its an annoying quirk of the process. Bottom line is you need to find a Thai or someone else who owns a condo to add you to their book. Many landlords are not keen on this at all so better to find someone you know that will help you out even if you are not actually staying there. 

Thailand its very common for people to be registered in one province but live and work in another but generally everyone is registered at a house in order to get medical coverage etc.

It is true, really annoying. Most of the residence would not help with house registration.

I suspect you're meaning the tabien baan book you will be entered in after you have received your final/full approval of holding a Certificate of Residence (PR).

From my own experience;

- There is no requirement that you have any ownership in any residence in Thailand. either before or after you get final PR approval.

- There is no requirement that you live at a residential address mentioned in your PR application before or after you get your PR (certificate of Residence) approval.

- There is no requirement that you be entered in the tabien baan where you do reside.

- It can be any Tabien Baan book, anywhere.

After I got my PR approval I was initially entered in the Tabien Baan book of a Thai friend who I was not related to in any way and I didn't live at his Tabien Baan address, as below:

At the Amphur office where this was processed the lady asked one question:

- "What Tabien Baan are you going to be entered in?"

- I responded 'I don't know' however my Thai friend stepped forward quickly and said 

can his name go in my Tabien Baan?

- Amphur lady said 'do you your Tabien Baan here now?'

- Thai friend instantly gave her the pages, she took the pages without comment or questions, she did a 1 second quick scan then started to write my name and new PR Thai Id number on the sheets*.

- Nothing mentioned in regard to any future requirements.

*This was when Tabien Baan records were all hand written. Now it's a computerised book but all the comments above still apply. 

On 2/1/2023 at 5:26 PM, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

This isn't it.

OP will need to have his name entered into the blue house registration book where he lives after he is granted PR. This is done at his local amphur after he is granted PR and has been given the necessary documents from Immigration to do so. It looks like Immigration want to know where he plans to register once he does get PR.

It is somewhat unreasonable for a landlord to refuse to do this, but there is really nothing the OP can do. My advice would be to find a friend or co-worker who would be amenable.

Its a yellow book for foreigners not blue. Blue is for thais ka?