Chuwit bombshell: Claims massive organised met police racket nets "central fund" 324 MB/ month - "Sky" arrives in Bangkok

webfact

35 minutes ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

You really think he's been making these moves without authorization from the very top? It's all politics and power moves, and he's just the media face to it. If it has the added benefit of reducing corruption - then great.

My thoughts exactly. Someone at the top is giving him cover. But what's the angle? Discredit Prayuth ahead of the election? Something else?

6 hours ago, mikeymike100 said:

There most certainly was corruption. The man 'SKY' had no passport but 3 E Cigarettes bought in Thailand, which are illegal. He and the young lady, who had one E cigarette,  were threatened with jail unless they pay up? That's extortion?

There is an article in the BP which I cannot link to!

Who in their right mind carries their passport around with them in Asia, you carry a copy. I find it baffling also that vaping is illegal but marijuana isnae ????

6 minutes ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

But what's the angle?

I suspect the RTP management aren't kicking up all that they are supposed to; they're skimming too much.

Someone is feeding Chuwit details only available to a few. Maybe Big Joke doesn't want to wait another year or two for the top job, so he's waging an internal conflict, into which he will ride to "save the day".

Edited by bamnutsak
  • Like 1

Corruption is never acceptable. However, there are sometimes positive aspects. In this case, the police are basically saying, pay us (for example) 30,000 baht, or we'll arrest you and charge you for your crime, and you'll pay (possibly) 500,000 baht in lawer's fees to defend yourself, and the Thai coverment will spend 500,000 baht in prosecuting you, and if you are convicted, the Thai government will spend a million or several million baht, supporting you during your jail sentence.

Which is better from a purely economic point of view for the Thai government, as well as the perpetrator?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, VincentRJ said:

Corruption is never acceptable. However,

It's about weak moral character, a pyramidal societal structure and a society trained to be submissive.

It's not about saving money.

Just look at the total take.

• Thanks 1

I know this story is a super relevant unfolding saga ... but being the pervert I am I cannot get past the thought of how much pussy this guy must have had access to during his stellar massage / soapy executive career lol ????????

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

July 4?? I thought it was in January 2023. Quality Thai reporting of the facts.

The road checkpoint in question was on the night of Jan 4, and early morning of Jan 5. So July 4 should be Jan 4, but you know how it is with the ineptness in Thailand. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

His claims are totally believable. Except the part that the racket started only last year. This has been going on for decades. And not only are the quoted numbers ikely on the low side, this happens all over the country. It is likely way, way into the billions of baht. 

My last time in Thailand 2013 ish, had a friend who owned a business.  Had to pay the local police 10k baht a month "protection" money.  Then his business got more popular and police from another (precinct) came by and demanded money also.  Think he was paying close to 20k baht a month... To the RTP, just to stay in business.  And I believe operate out of normal times also.  

Point is, that's one case from 10 years ago.  And I clearly remember learning about "brown envelopes" and "tea money" back then.  

Also I just got my visa extension...  Not just the RTP when it comes to the envelopes.  

• Thumbs Up 1

Quite a specific set of numbers from PM Chuwit in this accusation.   Sky was smart to meet with him first thing.   It's time for big joke to step in.  I predict.   

I'm not religious but how do I say I pray that Thailand can fix these issues.   

So just in this week's need it's been shown to be in the school directors (who didn't know) who pay for their spot, the met police, all police.   How do you change this accepted way of life?  Someone said it's in the DNA.  I don't believe that but it's well known by the Thai people I know and accepted.  

Edited by Elkski
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I believe that if something does "happen" to Chuwit , the floodgates of information will open

Yes, you would think he's far too savvy not to have 'insurance'  in case of sudden demise

Edited by Stocky
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, billd766 said:

I believe that if something does "happen" to Chuwit , the floodgates of information will open

Yes, you would think he's far too savvy to not have 'insurance' 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

His claims are totally believable. Except the part that the racket started only last year. This has been going on for decades. And not only are the quoted numbers ikely on the low side, this happens all over the country. It is likely way, way into the billions of baht. 

I agree, but I think it was not as organized as it is now.

Going to be interesting to see what the next show brings if Prayut does not do anything.

My question, though, is who do you have to do the investigation if the head of MPB and, therefore his underlings are involved 

Sounds like they need to bring in the BIG JOKE team and let them go at it.

As stated BJ is the most trusted police official there is right now by both the tourists and the locals.

As an aside, I just got an award for this being my first post in 12 years ????

Edited by kingstonkid
  • Thumbs Up 2

Chuwit, the gift that keeps on giving!   Hope this latest 'revelation' brings appropriate pain and suffering to those who had a hand in closing Chuwit's park on Sukhumvit.   Now a morgue of the trees and the peace, and filled with more towering cement.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

How is it even possible that this guy is still breathing? Not that I wish anything bad to happen to him, but you would think that the powers that be - the RTP in particular- would want to shut this guy up for good quite desperately. 

Edited by rudi49jr
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, proton said:

I think we all know he was a former massage parlour boss by now!

Lets just hope he will never crack down on massage parlours then ...

• Haha 1