Senior Thai Police Continue to Warn Vaping is Illegal even as Debate Over Vaping Laws Continues

webfact

RTP Need to remember shaking down foreigners for tea money extortion is also  illegal As far as vaping l'm no fan of it !  RTP Mafioso Crime organisation needs to  be taken out and cleaned out Start at the top to the bottom ! Where is big Joke on this wide spread criminal oerganisation RTP + lmigration. CCP ???????? connection ????

Edited by Mad mick

If you buy heroin on the streets of Lisbon, Portugal, it is not illegal. If you buy on the streets of Boston in the US, it is.

Vaping is legal in most countries but illegal in Thailand. Why don't travel agents and embassies not make people aware of these laws? Foreigners often visit countries like Thailand because of their different cultures. Why should different laws be such a shock? 

26 minutes ago, Purdey said:

If you buy heroin on the streets of Lisbon, Portugal, it is not illegal. If you buy on the streets of Boston in the US, it is.

Vaping is legal in most countries but illegal in Thailand. Why don't travel agents and embassies not make people aware of these laws? Foreigners often visit countries like Thailand because of their different cultures. Why should different laws be such a shock? 

I suspect it's not a question of whether it's legal or not, but rather the idiotic level of possible penalties. Possessing an ecigar, smoking an ecigar or importing an ecigar is criminally almost equivalent to intentional manslaughter. This is the brain crack.

No more than 30 minutes ago I witnessed a Thai (guessing in his upper 20s) coming out of a local noodle shop, whip out his vape pen, and started puffing away with little to no concern.

Vaping in public is as much of a concern as driving a scooter down the road in the wrong direction. Which I thought was a point violation with this newer point system setup for driving? 

Now we have been warned. Before buying anything in Thailand, we must make sure that it has not been imported illegally. Otherwise, if we buy it, we possess and own a forbidden product and can be fined and/or jailed.

That Uniqlo jacket I bought the other day, how can I be sure that it was not smuggled into Thailand?

• Like 1

Doesn't the ban on vaping destroy any reputation Thai lawmakers may once have had. The police fail to enforce the need to have a driving licence, speeding or drink driving laws, but enforce the ridiculously harsh penalties for vaping. Go figure.

I think there are more Thais vaping than tourists at least the tourists go home after a couple of weeks the Thais are here permanently if weed can be legal then so should vaping I do neither so I have nothing to worry about as for non smoking in public places that’s the joke of the year