Chuwit claims "brothel" owned by well known businessman set to reopen

webfact

1 hour ago, kingstonkid said:

The questoin though is 

why is he doing this?

And it is not to make Thailand a better place.

An interesting take and I share your skepticism. Rarely are things as they seem in LoS. 

There are many possible reasons but I will note there has always been an uneasy stand-off between the Armed Forces and the Police. 

It’s quite possible that he is regularly harassing the Police under the protection, or even guidance of the Army/Establishment. I seriously doubt he has gone lone wolf on this, that would be extremely dangerous. Maybe the Army/Establishment are fed up with the Police’s conduct and in typical Thai style, are indirectly letting someone else convey the message. 

So, ironically, if this theory were to be correct, some of the AN crowd might be cheering on the antics of an Army/Government stooge…sort of a much more amusing and useful version of that idiot Srisuwan. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

He also had a go at all the idiocy, as he saw it, concerning the crackdown on E-cigarettes.

It was absurd he said - they should be allowed and sold everywhere - just like they are now!

It is not too difficult to think why they are illegal in Thailand.

It's the same reason why many other things/businesses are illegal. If it would be legal, then the authorities could not charge to look the other way. Now police and others make a lot of money with those illegal things. I think from a certain point of view that makes a lot of sense. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

A brothel?? And I thought there was no prostitution in Thailand... ????

as far as these responsible for making sure there aren't , there aren't any - other than the ones we can't see because there's none there.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

what's his angle? 

he seems to fit the do-gooder attention seeker but those Thai do-gooder have something to sell, with an actual product or service they earn a commission or just plain seeking fame

but unlike those upstart celebrity wanna be that helps people for limelight Chuwit is:

already a household name,

his business don't need any more money, not the kind that tv spotlight bring anyway plus he is semi-retired form his business anyway

not sure if the multiple sentences he already served time for has any bearing on being able to run for elections, his last sentence seem to have condition that he can't hold political office for some years.. has that ran out yet? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Of course there is, are you blind?

if you've been in one you'd have seen a sign in every room that soliciting for sex is prohibited and totally illegal and not going on here what you paid was for massage and nothing more