Bangkok Bank app issues

Does anyone is facing the same issue as me:

It's starting last month was I was on vacations in Kop Lipe. I am usued to pay in shops / restaurant by scanning the QR code (promptpay). While i was in Lipe, it failed to work. I mean I could scan the QR code, enter the amount to be paid but unable to click "next" to proceed the payment.

Glad that I am also using Krungsri and SCB as backup for payment. I first thought that there might be network issue in Lipe but when I came back to Phuket where I live, I had the same issue. 

I went then to my Bangkok Bank branch. They tried and it was working! Right after my visit to the bank, i went to have food in a restaurant and it works! So i thought problem solved.

Later on, i went for dinner and it didn't work again. As my Krungsri saving account was low on balance, i decided to transfer some cash from my Bangkok bank account to my Krungsri account. Same problem. I can enter the amount but can't click next. I tried to transfer to my wife SCB account but same issue.

The bank told me that there is no issue. Each amount I was trying to pay are small (less than 1,000b) so way below the limit I setup. Of the course the balance in the account is sufficient.

I fail to understand.

I do not use but would check that limit has not changed (an update perhaps causing a new limit?).  I did note son had to wait excessive time for simple bank balance using BBL app yesterday so they may be having communications issues.

Edited by lopburi3
  • Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, jphasia said:

Does anyone is facing the same issue as me:

It's starting last month was I was on vacations in Kop Lipe. I am usued to pay in shops / restaurant by scanning the QR code (promptpay).

I have not had it fail to pay but some months ago, loading the app and running transactions took several minutes.  I would stand by an ATM to do a withdrawal or pay as I checked out at the supermarket.  I also maintained an account at SCB and their SCB easy was instantaneous.  So I stopped using Bangkok Bank for my digital payments.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

I do not use but would check that limit has not changed (an update perhaps causing a new limit?).  I did note son had to wait excessive time for simple bank balance using BBL app yesterday so they may be having communications issues.

Yes the first thing i checked was the daily payment / transfer limit but it is still way above what i need. As said, it didn't work for payment such as 200 or 300baths

1 hour ago, Longwood50 said:

I have not had it fail to pay but some months ago, loading the app and running transactions took several minutes.  I would stand by an ATM to do a withdrawal or pay as I checked out at the supermarket.  I also maintained an account at SCB and their SCB easy was instantaneous.  So I stopped using Bangkok Bank for my digital payments.  

Yes, glad that I have SCB and Krungsri as well when it happened.