The secret to happiness revealed after 84yr study

Social Media

If you are an ex-pat in Thailand, you can NOT relate to this video.      lol

I've burned more bridges than there are bridges.   Sure, I could go back and have most of the same friends, but I like having a new start, make new friends, leave the old behind...........

has it cost me some happiness?  YES.   But it also kept me from going insane.    lol

never understood marriage, but kids seem great and a kid deserves a mom and a dad.  So no kids either.  

There is happiness, and true happiness.    True happiness is love.  Love a parent, a child, a pet and maybe your ex-wife at one time.  lol.   

Being happy also gets super boring.     Life is more than happiness.   It's finding the balance that is so difficult.

I'm old enough to admit I never got it right and never will find the balance.  Whatever, that's me.  

You have to have an identity.   That's not happiness.   It's what you did.   Who you are.   Being happy while getting an identity must be great, I have no idea.  lol.   Working has to collect money while doing some complaining.   Friends were there to kill some time and maybe someone to drink with.   Those times are over.  

Edited by BananaStrong

10 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Can't open the link, but the only time I was really, absolutely happy was waking up next to my wife when times were good, then they weren't.

Happiness, like every emotion is dependent on many, many things. Delete any one of those and happiness flies away.

That is when you let your happiness depend on others.

It never works out that way.

I can't help but think from many of your posts that you carry a massive chip on your shoulder.

Happiness does not depend on many things,it depends on you.