American tourists spend more money than Europeans in Thailand: survey

webfact

46 minutes ago, JayLeno said:

Yes but USD is much more used as an alternative currency. Still doesn't make any sense but yeah... The things I like the most on this website are the comments more than the articles 

Snap !.

1 hour ago, JayLeno said:

I didn't know that Europe was a nationality.... This article lacks of serious analysis. How can you compare different countries with different economy and label them as European without going in details...

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/countries-by-share-of-of-global-economy

2022: using GDP data from the IMF. US ranks no. 1 despite all the political nonsense. US is energy independent, energy exporter, high employment, etc.

US workforce is the third largest (in need of a vacation), second youngest, most educated in years of schooling, and most productive ( in need of a vacation) among major powers. 11/21/2019 

Top 10 countries includes Germany, Italy, France and UK with GDP's at about 10% of US.

2 minutes ago, phetphet said:

Would the strength of the dollar have any bearing on the spending difference?

I doubt it. If the spends were calculated in Baht and then converted back to home currencies, that would mean Americans would have been spending less because they would have received more baht for their dollars.

• Thumbs Up 1