Fujika Water Pump Question

patekatek

I have a Fujika water pump that is about 12 years old.  Now, on occasion, the pump will turn on but there is no water output.  A couple times a light tap make it pump water and a few other times I unscrewed the cap on top and let some water flow out, replaced the cap and the pump worked as normal.  I guess my question would be, is the pressure switch or pressure tank the most likely to be at fault?

Thanks, in advance for any helpful suggestions.

The non return valve. In theory under the other cap you didn't take off. 

The water is draining back and the pump is not primed when it starts.

spacer.png

spacer.png

On a Mitsubishi pump there is a spring that holds the non-return valve down. Available at any store that displays water pumps. In your case you may be able to get one direct from Fujika Thailand.

Your valve maybe simply stuck. 

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1

I just checked out the pressure tank.  It was full of water and there was no air released when I pressed down on the stem for putting air in the tank.  I tried using a bike tire pump to add air but it wouldn't take any air.   Also, I might have described the problem a bit wrong in the OP.  When I turn on the water, the pump whines......for 10-15 seconds then kicks in.  However, not all the time.  As I mentioned in the OP, I've had to loosen the large cap on top (water supply intake), let some water run out, then re-tighten the cap.  Maybe it is time for a replacement pump.

• Thumbs Up 1