Hunger strikes may end if court grants bail for eight detainees on Monday

snoop1130

Thai-PBS-World-logo-2023-02-06T164325.801.png

A lawyer from Thai Lawyers for Human Rights (TLHR) said today (Monday) that the two young hunger strikers may end their strike if the Criminal Court agrees to grant bail to eight detainees from the Talugas protest group.

Krisadang Nutcharat and families of Tantawan Tuatulanon and Orawan Phuphong visited the two hunger strikers in Thammasat University Hospital today, as their hunger strike entered its 19th day today.

The lawyer said that the two pro-democracy protesters will be closely following the Criminal Court’s decision over TLHR’s application for bail for the detainees.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/hunger-strikes-may-end-if-court-grants-bail-for-eight-detainees-on-monday/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2023-02-06

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I have to admit I don't understand the concept of hunger strikes.

If you don't want to eat and if you risk dying because you don't eat, then that is your problem. Starve and die. Or eat and live.

Why should anybody do anything because someone says: Do what I want, or I kill myself.

It doesn't make any sense. 

Perhaps, it might be a small victory for those involved - but doesn't change the fact that things aren't gonna change because of such futile actions. 

Symbolic protests and practices, historically, have little effect on anything. 

But makes for sensationalized copy amongst media and idealistic feel good types.