Woman arrested with equipment for forging visas

webfact

image.png

Thai immigration police arrested a woman and seized several items of equipment used for making counterfeit visas today (Monday), in a raid on a condo in Bangkok’s Khannayao district.

The arrest of the woman, identified only as “Angsana”, and the seizure of fake passports and forging equipment, which included ink, pens and seals, is a follow-up operation by immigration police after a number of foreigners were found with fake visas as they were leaving Thailand.

Angsana was charged with conspiring with other people to falsify visas. An investigation found that the fake visas were probably from the same source, a company in the Bueng Kum area, which provides a service applying for visas for foreigners.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/woman-arrested-with-equipment-for-forging-visas/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2023-02-07

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RandiRona said:

She really did <deleted> off someone important or being made an example for others to increase their tributes!

There is no way they could be protected.  Too much is happening with imm also when they arrest the people with the fake Visa they have to take out the source 

Back in early 2000 there was a guy in Kow Tow doing this. I found out when I walked in to Gulivers in bkk and it was full of diving instructors and dive masters all renewing their "lost/destroyed" passports. When I arrived back on Kow Tow there he was sitting in his shop with the same sign up advertising visa's..... Only in Thailand. 

22 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

Back in the late 90s there was a Swedish visa agent in Soi Cowboy doing just this.

You left your passport and it came back 2 days later with a stamp of a one year tourist visa from the Thai consulate in Honolulu or Brisbane. ????

Brisbane. fat and ugly Australian man did that through his "boyfriend" honorary something. Wilbert was his name. peace of <deleted>.

so legitimate visa agency from Bueng Kum is also supplying forgery items, that including passports itself, to a network of their associates.

As visa agencies are very closely connected with immigration officers (that's the only way such agencies can function), it means, that immigration is also implicated in this.

Is this arrest somehow connected with yesterday's suspention of 110 Bangkok immigration officers?

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't really see the wisdom in forging a passport in Thailand and using it to exit Thailand. Even with high-quality forgery, the fact that the passport holder's entry to Thailand wasn't recorded in the immigration database surely is bound to sound the alarm, so what are the chances that they just stamp such a person out?

Using a passport forged in Thailand to enter another country would be a different story, I guess it could work. 

• Thanks 1

It takes still quite some connections INSIDE the immigration. The online database needs a picture and a movement amendment which has time imprints etc. - leaving/entering in addition goes with finger prints. 
Facilitate immigration to disregard anyone coming in less than say three months and then the immigration can do the job their colleagues in other countries are paid for. 

9 hours ago, BritScot said:

Back in early 2000 there was a guy in Kow Tow doing this. I found out when I walked in to Gulivers in bkk and it was full of diving instructors and dive masters all renewing their "lost/destroyed" passports. When I arrived back on Kow Tow there he was sitting in his shop with the same sign up advertising visa's..... Only in Thailand. 

What?  How could anyone get a lost/destroyed passport replaced with a legitimate one without going through their embassy in 2000?  Do you need to check the details of your tale?

Edited by Liverpool Lou

9 hours ago, BritScot said:

Yeah, right, 'course there was.