Vientiane, Laos Border Bounce - Flight ticket out of Thailand - Do I qualify?

I arrived with a Visa Exempt from UK Nov 2022 - Did first border Bounce Dec 2022 - I hope to extend this in Bangkok (this week). I want to do a new border bounce for 45 days that allows a stay until 26th April 2023. I then intend to extend for 30 days. My return flight is 14th May back to the UK.

A flight ticket out of Thailand is required for the Vientiane bounce, but does this need to be within the 45 days or is the available extension of 30 days taken into account i.e  My flight is 63 days after the border bounce - is this an acceptable flight ticket for immigration on a border bounce, knowing that an extension will occur?

I just reviewed the process for exit and entry back to Thailand - I would exit, apply for Lao Visa, exit Lao and then enter hopefully with a visa exempt at Thai Immigration with no forms to fill out. I cannot see any mention of Flight tickets out of Thailand as a requirement. Am I confusing this requirement with applying for a Tourist Visa at the Consulate?

7 minutes ago, BangkokBen said:

Absolutely brilliant - Clear precise answer - Thanks for doing this.

It wouldn't happen however if immigration ever tried to pull a stunt step away from counter and book rent a flight with company such as "onward flight.com" or alternatively buy cheapest throw away onward flight.

First option approx $15 the second approx 1500baht. 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, BangkokBen said:

I just reviewed the process for exit and entry back to Thailand - I would exit, apply for Lao Visa, exit Lao and then enter hopefully with a visa exempt at Thai Immigration with no forms to fill out. I cannot see any mention of Flight tickets out of Thailand as a requirement.

You do need to fill in a TM.6 "arrival card" form, as you'll be entering at a land border, not by air. It would be very unusual to be asked for a flight out at a land border, on the other hand. 

• Thanks 1