90 day report compared to visa issue date

I received a one year retirement extension at Jomtien on Dec 10 but did a 90 day report on Nov 23rd. I assumed--possibly wrongly, that I would have to report 90 days from the day the extension was given. Was I wrong or not? I will be going down there soon to find out, just curious before I go. Thanks

Made this mistake myself.  Had no idea they were completely separate, and I've lived/worked here for 9 years!

I thought they were pulling a fast one to make a quick 2000 baht, so I politely, but sternly, spoke in Thai language to the manager.  I basically said why do I need to report if I was just here to get a new visa?  My non-B 2 year BOI visa has ALLL my information right on it, and some, compared to the silly 90-day report form.

She backed down, and asked for 1000 baht (which I'm sure she pocketed) and they didn't stamp my passport as missing 90 days nor give me a 45 minute lecture in the private office etc. as has already happened to me once before.

This was in Rayong.

• Like 1

Your 90-day report is meant to confirm that you are STILL living at the same official address in the Province where you applied for your Visa/extension.  It needs to be done prior to your 90-day report date as mentioned on the slip in your passport, although there is a 6-day grace period when you do it in person.  Your next 90-day report date is 90 days after you submitted the previous 90-day report (so it makes sense not to do it too early).

When you go abroad and re-enter Thailand (even with a Re-Entry Permit) the 90-day report period is reset from the moment of entry. 

From the above it follows that the day report is separate from your Visa extension process.

But note that at several Immigration Offices they automatically issue a 90-day report when you apply for a 1-year extension of your Visa.