TAT Confirms Phase 5 Launch of Domestic Tourism Campaign

snoop1130

9c44aca5c10dec6fd359987a184d31bb_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) has announced the timeline for the fifth phase of the government’s domestic “We Travel Together” tourism promotion campaign. The fifth phase is scheduled to run from March until the end of April 2023.

The campaign received Cabinet approval with a budget of 2.016 billion baht. Under the program, the government provides subsidies equivalent to 40% of room rates, capped at 3,600 baht per room per night. A total of 560,000 room subsidies will be available, each with a 600 baht voucher for travelers to spend on food or services.

Tourists can book reservations under this campaign on March 8, while the first day of the subsidy program begins on March 11. Tourists can reserve hotel rooms under this campaign until April 27, while the last day to use the promotion campaign ends on April 30.

TAT noted that each recipient can receive a maximum of five room subsidies, adding that airfare will not be included in the campaign.

All Thai nationals over the age of 18 with a valid ID card are eligible for the subsidy. Registration can be completed at www.เราเที่ยวด้วยกัน.com and completed through the Pao Tang application.

Source: https://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/detail/TCATG230208113352134

nnt.jpg
-- © Copyright NNT 2023-02-08

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

25 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

I wonder where the government is getting all this money to subsidise travel?

There really isn't any such wealth.

The Thais, like all the world, just makes up wealth from nothing.

It's all good.

• Like 1

Moderators, please delete my post if not considered relevant. I thought it might be of interest in general comment about boosting income from tourism. 

The actions of TAT to boost domestic tourism for Thai folks must be commended. Across the border here in Cambodia, the Royal Government has stated that to boost income from tourism, Chinese tourists can now use the Renbi (Yuan) along with the US$ and Cambodian Riel in bars, restaurants, entertainment venues, sight-seeing etc. etc. I hope I do not get offered Yuan in change! I wonder if Thailand would ever accept the Yuan along with the Baht at tourism businesses?

"The Minister of Tourism has stated that Cambodia will allow the use of Chinese RMB – instead of Cambodian Riel or US Dollars – in all tourism services in order to attract more Chinese tourists"

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/501235141/video-chinese-tourists-can-pay-in-chinese-currency-for-all-tourism-services-throughout-cambodia/

7 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I wonder where the government is getting all this money to subsidise travel?

And all of it benefitting a relatively select few. Should have kept the electricity subsidy for home users instead.

• Like 2

"Under the program, the government provides subsidies equivalent to 40% of room rates, capped at 3,600 baht per room per night.

All Thai nationals over the age of 18 with a valid ID card are eligible for the subsidy."

40% of room rate = 3600  - so a hotel charging 9000 THB per night?

• Like 1