Former bank staffer stole 36 million baht from customers in check fraud - sent money to her husband's account

webfact

1 hour ago, BestB said:

what puzzles me each and every time is how banks  pretend they had nothing to do with it and its all employees fault.

Sorry but it is an employee of your company, which means are you 100% liable, even more so when crime took place on your premises and employee was acting on your behalf, wearing your uniform and your ID  card, using your computer, logging with password provided by you.

Ab so bloody lutely.

Thanks to the intrepid Jedi old wiser members here I knew when I retired in LOS to watch my Thai account like a hawk and to keep a bare minimum amount in that account.

I hold very little in accounts here.

If someone nicks that itty bitty doe it won't be an issue.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

sent 36 million baht of customer money to her husband's account.

she was reading the wrong spy novels...

or she took 100 million and has 64 million in bitcoin and that part is left out.

I'd be buying diamonds or gold in bulk!!!!  then ship it to my underground lair in Siberia.  

9 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Who uses cheques these days?

In the UK - His Majesty's Revenue and Customs. (google)

If you have applied to HMRC for a tax refund outside of the Self Assessment system, for example, because you are due some tax relief on your employment expenses, then HMRC will issue your tax refund, by cheque, once they have processed your form.

In Cambodia - many businesses.

Phnom Penh Municipal Court on Saturday charged a couple who allegedly issued bad cheques worth about $650,000 to repay a loan from three property-businessmen friends............

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50636858/couple-nabbed-over-650000-bad-cheque/

4 hours ago, fusion58 said:

And they wonder why so many of us balk at the prospect of keeping 800K on deposit in a Thai bank.

put it in the pink bank GSB. Govt' bank. Unlimited guarantee of deposit funds. The most secure bank in thailand. Rich thais put big money in this bank

21 hours ago, Tubulat said:

Yes I check my account but it is not enough, i think with all this kind of problems it is important to know the name of the bank.

Yes so do I,but of course we're not permitted to know.About as much transparency here as scuba diving in treacle.At least in the west, the banks who are responsible for their employees get massive fines,named and shamed for any nonsense that gets commited.