Required documents for tenant to file TM30 as "posessor" of rented property at CW.

If possible;

Signed copy of landlords ID CARD and house book, rental agreement.

Otherwise;

Rental agreement, deposit receipts for utilities. I have done with these items

TM-30 should be done within 24 open Immigration office hours.  I move on Friday AFTER 18:00 so i have till Monday to do mine. My last move was done when the office was closed on Thurs and Fri and the following Mon, so i had a total of 6 days to do, including the weekend. No problem, done in 12 minutes @ 10:00 Tues.

NOT AT CW, have filed as POSSESSOR at 3 different offices as outlined.  Also filed 3 weeks later as POSSESSOR for three 1 month long visitors, 18 minutes.

Edited by edwardflory
spelling
  • Thanks 1

I was at Chaeng Wattana with a friend doing TM30, took 2 tries.

First try:

I would have thought that was enough, but he needed more. Perhaps due to the fact that his rental agreement was with an agent (in the building) whose name appeared on the rental agreement (as opposed to the owner).

The immigration officer provided a Power of Attorney form they wanted completed by the landlord.

Second try:

(as above)

(Plus)

Signed copy of agents ID CARD and a Power of Attorney from the landlord.

This was just a few weeks ago at Chaeng Wattana.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/10/2023 at 12:59 PM, edwardflory said:

Rental agreement, deposit receipts for utilities. I have done with these items

Coming back to this: You mean a receipt for the deposit payment in your name for opening an account with a utility? e.g. deposit for electricity?

I take it a bill in a landlords name with a receipt for payment is not what you mean?

For what's it worth.  You can register the property where you are residing on the IO TM-30 website, and can do this as owner, on behalf of the owner or as tenant.  The process is straightforward and consists of submitting scans of the required documents.

Having done that, and you received confirmation that the property is registered, you are then able to notify your local Imm Office that a foreigner is staying there (which can be yourself, or friends staying over) by issuing a TM-30.  You can also print-out that TM-30 notification, which is handy when friends stay at your place and need to apply for a 30-day extension of stay. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

For what's it worth.  You can register the property where you are residing on the IO TM-30 website, and can do this as owner, on behalf of the owner or as tenant.  The process is straightforward and consists of submitting scans of the required documents.

Having done that, and you received confirmation that the property is registered, you are then able to notify your local Imm Office that a foreigner is staying there (which can be yourself, or friends staying over) by issuing a TM-30.  You can also print-out that TM-30 notification, which is handy when friends stay at your place and need to apply for a 30-day extension of stay. 

Don't understand the 'laugh' as it's exactly what I did, so that I didn't have to make the trip to the Imm Office, and similar when I have non-Thai staying at my house to be in compliance with Thai regulations.

1 hour ago, Red Phoenix said:

Don't understand the 'laugh' as it's exactly what I did, so that I didn't have to make the trip to the Imm Office, and similar when I have non-Thai staying at my house to be in compliance with Thai regulations.

My read of the OP is that he is the tenant asking best way for himself to file a TM30.

It's not uncommon that folk needing a TM30 for extension do not have fully cooperative landlord.

The thread heading in part states 

".... tenant to file as possessor.…."

Then you state ....

"I didn't have to make the trip to the Imm Office, and similar when I have non-Thai staying at my house to be in compliance with Thai regulations."

Is that remotely addressing OP thread heading. 

The OP is not clear. 

Edited by DrJack54

8 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

My read of the OP is that he is the tenant asking best way for himself to file a TM30.

It's not uncommon that folk needing a TM30 for extension do not have fully cooperative landlord.

The thread heading in part states 

".... tenant to file as possessor.…."

Then you state ....

"I didn't have to make the trip to the Imm Office, and similar when I have non-Thai staying at my house to be in compliance with Thai regulations."

Is that remotely addressing OP thread heading. 

The OP is not clear. 

I did realize that my response to the OPs post was not addressing his main request. 

But since he mentioned CW and it is not really a 'joy' having to go there, I mentioned the option of registering the place that he is renting on the IO TM-30 website.

That would allow him to notify CW that he is staying there, and once that's done he can create and submit the TM-30 on-line, without the need of visiting CW to hand over the required documents.

When registering the place you are staying as tenant a scan of the following documents would be sufficient to include when registering the place on-line:

- copy of your passport ID-page

- copy of the rental contract

When available also the following can be added:

- copy of the house-book

- front/back copy of the landlords ID-card