Selling Staff Details To Credit Card Company

Two of my staff have complained they were called by a well-known credit card company late last week about applying for an account. Both were called on their mobile phones whilst in the office. Apparently a number of staff have also been targeted this way in recent days.

I am pretty sure that someone inside my company has provided (or sold) these personal details to the finance company. Are there any specific laws against this? Is it common, and how much could the person made by selling this data ?

Any advice or similar experiences would be useful. Thanks.

Two of my staff have complained they were called by a well-known credit card company late last week about applying for an account. Both were called on their mobile phones whilst in the office. Apparently a number of staff have also been targeted this way in recent days.

I am pretty sure that someone inside my company has provided (or sold) these personal details to the finance company. Are there any specific laws against this? Is it common, and how much could the person made by selling this data ?

Any advice or similar experiences would be useful. Thanks.

If the leads turned out to be worthwhile, then probably something like 500b at the most per successful applicant at a total top of the head guess. For just leads alone, a few baht only, maybe 50 at the most. Or the CC might have a friend get friend campaign, with specific incentives.

Most likely the leads came from an individual to another sales individual on commission; good luck with pushing anyone outside the company on that; however of course you can punish a person internally for disclosing information without consent of the staff and for behaving inappropriately.

Never heard of anything like this happening before; my guess is some enterprising secretary has a friend who happens to sell these credit cards.

Ask one of the people to show some interest, and then use the details to find out more.