Transferring funds from Thailand to USA

Advice needed... We've never done this before...

How would you transfer funds due to real estate sale from Thailand to the USA?

I know the form that shows the foreign transfer to buy the property is needed.  

Also, I wasn't sure whether to post on this forum or the real estate forum.

Keep it simple.  If you can, get an invoice for the amount you need to transfer. Keep in mind that Thai banks generally froun on sending hard currency.

I had a sea freight bill that had to be paid to get personal effects out of customs warehouse. 

Do it at your Thai bank.  Bangkok bank probably has the most experience.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1249786-report-on-successful-transfer-to-us-300k/

My problem was I tried to use my local branch (of Bangkok Bank) who had no idea what to do but didn't want to lose face.  Best to find the main branch of your province who (hopefully) knows what to do.

If you are transferring smaller amounts (looks like it has been increased to 2 mil baht) it is best to use their mobile banking app, as you do not need to supply any documentation and do not need to deal with anyone at the bank.

https://www.bangkokbank.com/en/Personal/Other-Services/Transfers/Transferring-Out-of-Thailand/IFT-mB

On 2/11/2023 at 11:40 AM, gamb00ler said:

You say we....  do you have a Thai wife?

My Thai wife wired funds to our joint account in US with no issue.  When asked the purpose she just said "expenses".

Why are you assuming the OP is a lesbian? She could have a Thai husband, be in a defacto relationship with another woman or a man, or have a Thai bf or have a Thai gf.

Edited by bbi1