Has editing a post changed?

IslandLover

30 minutes ago, IslandLover said:

A question for blackcab: Has the ability to edit one's posts been removed?  If so, why?  There used to be an edit function after a post was made which stayed active for a short time.  This seems to have disappeared.

I will test that out 

Edited 

Edited by Mac Mickmanus
To find out whether the edit function still works

9 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I will test that out 

Edited 

I'm wondering if it has something to do with the new labels we have been given?  I am now a "Rookie Member" even though I have been a member of the forum since 2014.  Perhaps lower ranking persons are not allowed to edit their posts. ????

30 minutes ago, IslandLover said:

I'm wondering if it has something to do with the new labels we have been given?  I am now a "Rookie Member" even though I have been a member of the forum since 2014.  Perhaps lower ranking persons are not allowed to edit their posts. ????

You have to do it within 30 minute 

Have you tried to get it done within 30 minutes ?

On 2/11/2023 at 10:05 PM, blackcab said:

@IslandLover Nothing has changed with reference to editing posts. As mentioned above, you have a 30 minute window to edit your post after submission.

OK, please could you explain how I do this then?  Preferably post a screenshot.  The "edit" function is no longer there on my screen (I use a PC running MS Windows, not a mobile phone, to view the forum).  Yes, I know there is a 30 minute window.

3 minutes ago, IslandLover said:

OK, please could you explain how I do this then?  Preferably post a screenshot.  The "edit" function is no longer there on my screen (I use a PC running MS Windows, not a mobile phone, to view the forum).  Yes, I know there is a 30 minute window.

In the upper right hand corner of your post there are three dots.  Click those three dots and a menu will open up.  If 30 minutes has not passed then the Edit option will be one of the choices in that popup menu like in the example below.

image.png.4e95fe6b97dd25c584eb610d591bd0c6.png

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Pib said:

In the upper right hand corner of your post there are three dots.  Click those three dots and a menu will open up.  If 30 minutes has not passed then the Edit option will be one of the choices in that popup menu like in the example below.

image.png.4e95fe6b97dd25c584eb610d591bd0c6.png

Thank you so much!  ????

EDIT:  Thank you again ????

Edited by IslandLover
Trying out the edit function
  • Like 1