Paperback Books

Nup Nup

I have approx. 1000 Paperback Books, Novels, Mysteries, Adventure, etc,  I would like to sell them at a very reasonable price.  Used book stores seem to be dwindling in numbers. Maybe today people get books online and don't like to hold books in-hand anymore. I tried to make them available once before, but they weren't in the way so I just forgot about it,  I would like to sell them in one lot, but thought selling them in lots of 25 would make them more interesting to someone that stills likes to hold a book when they read.. If anyone may have an interest, or may have a suggestion please add a post. Thanks.

• Like 1

I wish the OP the best of luck in selling them.

I live in rural Kamphaeng Phet and I have about 500 or 600 paperback and hardback books that I don't read anymore.

I now read Ebooks on my tablet and I have literally thousands of them. 1 or 100 take up the same amount of room.

The problem with paper books is that mine overflow 2 bookcases, I have about 5 bags full on the floor plus 1 or 2 big storage boxes as well.

To take them to DASA or any other bookstore and sell them would mean around a 7 or 800 km round trip plus at least 1 overnight stop for my wife (who would have to drive me) and myself. 

The cost of the diesel alone is high and, if I could find somebody to take them I would like to get rid of the whole lot, bookcases and all. I have not bothered to list authors names titles etc as it will be a long job and a PITA to boot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gargamon said:

Lately I've been reading them on my TV. Fbreader loaded onto my android TV box. Much easier than holding a tablet. One button on the remote to turn the page. Can sync what you're reading too so pick up a tablet or phone and it knows where you stopped reading on the TV. 

I do the same on my tablet. I have a tablet holder and I use that on any flat surface and to turn the page I simply slide the page from right to left.

When I finish reading I bookmark the page. When I finish the book, I go to my library and delete that book and select another.

My entire library is on my pc and I simply plug the tablet into my usb3 extender, clear the old books and load new ones. I have 2 excel spreadsheets on the pc where I log which books I have read, one for single books and one for book series.

50 minutes ago, orang37 said:

given this is the Chiang Mai  forum, is this forum th best place for your message ?

From what I have read on the thread so far, Chiang Mai, Bangkok or Pattaya seem to be the best places to sell or buy paper books. I live about half way between Bangkok and Chiang Mai (around 400 km from each) and about 500 km from Pattaya. All 3 would need an overnight stop and I wouldn't want to go to them to find that they actually don't want the books.

Thanks for all he replies gang, much appreciated.  I don't have a list of the book titles and I don't think I could live long enough to make up a list for a thousand books. So I'll keep on thinking for a new plan. Keep giving me suggestions as they are much. much appreciated.  Mabey someone will come up with a new plan.  Thanks again guys.

• Like 1

I got moved downstairs and my son got moved upstairs this afternoon. A gang of his mates came around at 10am Thai time, which is anywhere from 11:15 for the earliest to not long after 1pm for the last.

One job I asked them to do was to move as many books from bags into a couple of big plastic boxes. Only about 20 books went walkabout sadly.

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update on this......I have broken these books down into tied groups of 10, asking 25 baht per book.  The majority of these books are in condition that book stores sell for more than 100 BAHT each. If anyone has some interest , post back.

Thanks, Gonzo

• 1 month later...

Got a real deal for you gang.  Got close to 1000 books left and will make a super offer to you.  Bookstores take note !!!  Will reduce the price to anyone who will buy the lot 20 Baht per book for he who buys the lot.