Anyone know a hotel close to this University in Bangkok

ubonr1971

Mostly military land around there. I'd say Gold Orchid on Vibhavadi Rangsit road would be most decent hotel around the university but it's on the other side of a very busy road.

Gold Orchid Hotel
375 Vibhavadi Rangsit Rd
Samsen Nai, Phaya Thai
Bangkok 10400
02 616 3000

What's close? 500m? 2km?

Most of the hot girls that go to that dubious uni come off of the MRT at Huay Kwang then travel into Din Daeng by bus, songtaew.

That little pocket is extremely local. I doubt you'll find anything more than simple accommodation, noise and traffic, tiny sous, transport in/out not good.

Off the MRT you're in a red light area but there are few rooms and fewer hotels.

Some GH down Prachatat Bampen (same road, other direction) and a few hotels about 300m down PB about soi 5.

Headed south on Ratchadapisek from HK MRT you will find Emerald Hotel and further still Chada Hotel (other side) about ten mins walk.

From Emerald you could easily take a side back road to Prachara Songkhro and on to the university

Prachara Songkhro nothing comes to mind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SuperSilverHaze said:

What's close? 500m? 2km?

Most of the hot girls that go to that dubious uni come off of the MRT at Huay Kwang then travel into Din Daeng by bus, songtaew.

That little pocket is extremely local. I doubt you'll find anything more than simple accommodation, noise and traffic, tiny sous, transport in/out not good.

Off the MRT you're in a red light area but there are few rooms and fewer hotels.

Some GH down Prachatat Bampen (same road, other direction) and a few hotels about 300m down PB about soi 5.

Headed south on Ratchadapisek from HK MRT you will find Emerald Hotel and further still Chada Hotel (other side) about ten mins walk.

From Emerald you could easily take a side back road to Prachara Songkhro and on to the university

Prachara Songkhro nothing comes to mind.

Never seen a songtaew near HK MRT. A couple of meters from the HK MRT is Park Residence hotel: Microsoft Bing Travel - The Park Residence @ Bangkok

2 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Never seen a songtaew near HK MRT. A couple of meters from the HK MRT is Park Residence hotel: Microsoft Bing Travel - The Park Residence @ Bangkok

They are small, red trucks not pickups

Yes, I did state there were a few small hotels. That one in particular at 1200 a night looks like a poor value and quite noisy. That hotel sits right on top of the intersection

Edited by SuperSilverHaze

They are small, red trucks not pickups

Yes, I did state there were a few small hotels. 

Never seen the red trucks too and i live 10 minutes walk from the MRT.

Not far from the MRT are several big hotels.one of them Swissotel Ratchada Bangkok - Luxury & Upscale Hotel in Bangkok | ALL - ALL (accor.com)

49 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Never seen the red trucks too and i live 10 minutes walk from the MRT.

Not far from the MRT are several big hotels.one of them Swissotel Ratchada Bangkok - Luxury & Upscale Hotel in Bangkok | ALL - ALL (accor.com)

Well, I've lived in this area for 13 years. Go to the intersection and open your eyes. THE BUS STOP is directly in front of MRT headed E on Pacharatbampen lol

Swiss hotel, $$$$ not even worth a mention. Poor value as well bc while it's steps from MRT it's not where tourists want to be. So, you could have a view or absolute convenience but there you are up on Ratchada. This is more of a *Thai* hotel for conferences and weddings. I bet rooms start at 4500 that are not sitting on the road.

Several you say? Big hotels.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, SuperSilverHaze said:

Well, I've lived in this area for 13 years. Go to the intersection and open your eyes. THE BUS STOP is directly in front of MRT headed E on Pacharatbampen lol

Swiss hotel, $$$$ not even worth a mention. Poor value as well bc while it's steps from MRT it's not where tourists want to be. So, you could have a view or absolute convenience but there you are up on Ratchada. This is more of a *Thai* hotel for conferences and weddings. I bet rooms start at 4500 that are not sitting on the road.

There are regular normal busses but they are not songthaews. You talk about only cheap hotels which is BS too. Never saw a songthaew in BKK in 40 years.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

There are regular normal busses but they are not songthaews. You talk about only cheap hotels which is BS too. Never saw a songthaew in BKK in 40 years.

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

@Larry

songthaew

image.png.949b73004a5b3d0128c628b3465c3818.png

tuk tuk (samlor)

image.png.820929c97c4b3a0b49b383196b0b1f7f.png

As Khun La has assisted in ridding you of your ignorance - no help for the pedantics.

The songtaew running down PB and a small part of PS are the red transport on far right.

Songtaew are not only pickup with a seating cab on the back.

Songtaew = 2 seats

I've now relocated from that area to a bit farther up Ratchada or I'd take an actual picture.

At this point you're just ttrolling...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

You talk about only cheap hotels which is BS too

Waiting on that list of several hotels that run from HuayKwang MRT down Prachara Songkhro...

There was a massive Chinese hotel down PB but torn down for a condo block. As mentioned a few small to mid size hotels of no distinction off soi 3 or 5.

4 minutes ago, SuperSilverHaze said:

Waiting on that list of several hotels that run from HuayKwang MRT down Prachara Songkhro...

There was a massive Chinese hotel down PB but torn down for a condo block. As mentioned a few small to mid size hotels of no distinction off soi 3 or 5.

Names please

18 hours ago, SuperSilverHaze said:

If you have lived in the area for so long can you recommend the best option closest to the university. We want the cleanest nicest option that is the closest 

thanks

56 minutes ago, ubonr1971 said:

If you have lived in the area for so long can you recommend the best option closest to the university. We want the cleanest nicest option that is the closest 

thanks

What is your budget, and will this be a short visit, or are you attending ?  Long weekend/week, or daily commute for weeks/months.

Describe 'close' ... <1 km, <5kms ?

There's public bus stops on both side of the road, so you don't really need to be close, just along the bus route.  I take the public buses quite often, and actually prefer it most times, if convenient.

Gmap shows what's close, <3kms (10), unless you want walking distance, <1 km (2).

2 hours ago, SuperSilverHaze said:

As Khun La has assisted in ridding you of your ignorance - no help for the pedantics.

The songtaew running down PB and a small part of PS are the red transport on far right.

Songtaew are not only pickup with a seating cab on the back.

Songtaew = 2 seats

I've now relocated from that area to a bit farther up Ratchada or I'd take an actual picture.

I know how they look like and never seen one in this area.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

I live in a 2 story house with 6 rooms and a garden. I work here and travel Rachadapisek road about 16 times a week. 

Yesterday I wanted to ask whether you are blind (seriously).

But today I guess SSH is right:

2 hours ago, SuperSilverHaze said:

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

I know how they look like and never seen one in this area.

I've never seen them used as regular transport/bus service in downtown-ish Bangkok either.  As school buses, and local transport to designated area to/from 'downtown', and possibly won't leave until full. 

Not as a regular 'baht bus' service that you find in Udon Thani, Hua Hin or Pattaya.

Seen on Sukhumvit rd/hwy #3, but that's way below and east of Samut Prakan.

7 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

I've never seen them used as regular transport/bus service in downtown-ish Bangkok either.  As school buses, and local transport to designated area to/from 'downtown', and possibly won't leave until full. 

Not as a regular 'baht bus' service that you find in Udon Thani, Hua Hin or Pattaya.

Loads of songtaews running the Sukhumvit sois out from Phrakhanong going up to Srinakharin Road,. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, ubonr1971 said:

thanks

Yeah, I live here I don't holiday here. I've no idea and your criteria highly subjective.

If you need to go to the university say for a few days ...

I assume you want some connectivity to the outside world and therefore recommend you not stay in the middle of Din Daeng but out by HuayKwang MRT or it's counterpart BTS station on the other side which I know nothing about.

Staying in this area allows short walk to MRT, Pracharatbampen and Prachara Songkhro are loaded with Thai places to eat. If you're looking for something a little more familiar - walking south on Ratchada less than fifteen minutes will get you to two small malls, two food courts, a Big C, Foodland and restaurants. Of course, if you don't like walking you can jump on the MRT and alight at Thai Culture Center or Pra Ram 9. Malls ready accessible.

Depending on my budget I would stay at these as I could afford: Swisshotel, Ibis, Emerald (old). Middling accomodations on Pracharatbampen Soi 3 or 5 (?) CMYK and another hotel next to /near. There are a few funky GHs at the mouth of Pracharatbampen. Look clean but simple.

Park Paradise or whatever it's called probably more for Entertainment ®™ ????purposes.

The area by the university is tight. Take a taxi /Grab back forth to university. The cost should be cheap.

Someone attending?

Job offer?

and your criteria highly subjective.

If you need to go to the university say for a few days ...

.... Depending on my budget

Someone attending?

Job offer?

Yea, OP's a bit vague, clean & close.  Guess didn't look at Gmap for close, then decide if clean enough.  Budget would make a huge difference in recommendation, along with 'why' need; 1 day, week, month, 4 years.

If can't make a decision with info already given, more isn't going help.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

I live in a 2 story house with 6 rooms and a garden. I work here and travel Rachadapisek road about 16 times a week. 

Maybe you should get some glasses then.

Here a picture of one, has "Huay Kwang" written on it and it's maybe 50 meters away from Ratchadaphisek road.

533918811_Screenshot2023-02-18153936.png.06145e9f1396719e678556bb860ff5da.png

2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

They can be found in most medium sized roads all over Bangkok.

Ekkamai, Phra Khanong, On Nut etc.... all have songthaews.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1