Best value hotel in Bangkok?

Hummin

As the title say, best value Bangkok Hotel?

Criteria

Central placed with restaurants and shopping.

Quiet 

Parking

Gym

Decent pool (rooftop/bar/restaurant)

Western breakfest (bacon/cheese/youghurt/fresh bread not white toast 

3000 +- for night

My favorite hotels is priced out at  5000,-  +++ at the moment

Edited by Hummin

21 minutes ago, Hummin said:

My favorite hotels is priced out at  5000

Which one? May help with suggestions.

Mercure next to MBK is a decent value at the moment where all hotels post covid are asking a fortune. It has a rooftop pool and a breakfast for under $100. Maybe Indigo (close to Conrad), but I don't know if you would consider this central.

Edited by Celsius
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, stoner said:

big date to impress eh. 

Married, and if I was going on a date I would choose 800 - 1200 baht hotel maximum which I did when I meet her and for a long time, and never spent shameless money for many years.. So everything after that comes as a surprise. 

6 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Married, and if I was going on a date I would choose 800 - 1200 baht hotel maximum which I did when I meet her and for a long time, and never spent shameless money for many years.. So everything after that comes as a surprise. 

Was gonna suggest Hilton Sukhumvit, but that shot up too.

My favorite hotel in Bangkok is Crowne Plaza. I like older style hotels for some reason.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Difficult question to answer as Bkk has like thousand plus hotels and you need to know most of them to answer this question so that leave you with searching manually for the one that suit you best.

With my criteria it is narrowed down quite alot to less than 50 if you add rating above 8 as well.

Edited by Hummin

28 minutes ago, Celsius said:

Which one? May help with suggestions.

Mercure next to MBK is a decent value at the moment where all hotels post covid are asking a fortune. It has a rooftop pool and a breakfast for under $100. Maybe Indigo (close to Conrad), but I don't know if you would consider this central.

Those Mercure hotels is promising

This one seems ok, even a bit out 

https://www.google.com/travel/hotels/s/Cegp8ecgdM3hfmyq6

Edited by Hummin

Chatrium Riverside is the only place I've stayed that fits most of that, nice pool & buffet, but not centrally located ... BUT ... take their shuttle boat to Saphan Taksin pier to access to anywhere.

We prefer being on the river anyway.  Though nothing really right outside the hotel area.  Almost central to where we prefer, N Bang Rak area/ChinaTown, the island, or hopping over to ICONSIAM/Khlong San market & Wang Lang market areas.   Much better for knocking around than the 'central' tourist ghettos.

Another would be, Sheraton Grand Suk was nice also, fits location & pool area is stellar.  Rooms were a bit dated and that was some time ago.  Better choices if rooms haven't been updated.  Didn't partake in buffet, but would think it meets your criteria.

9 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Chatrium Riverside is the only place I've stayed that fits most of that, nice pool & buffet, but not centrally located ... BUT ... take their shuttle boat to Saphan Taksin pier to access to anywhere.

We prefer being on the river anyway.  Though nothing really right outside the hotel area.  Almost central to where we prefer, N Bang Rak area/ChinaTown, the island, or hopping over to ICONSIAM/Khlong San market & Wang Lang market areas.   Much better for knocking around than the 'central' tourist ghettos.

Another would be, Sheraton Grand Suk was nice also, fits location & pool area is stellar.  Rooms were a bit dated and that was some time ago.  Better choices if rooms haven't been updated.  Didn't partake in buffet, but would think it meets your criteria.

Great hotels, but both outside my budget, where the riverside was 7k and Sheraton 20k but thanks ????

5 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Whoa ... talk about inflation.  They ain't worth that much, Holy Krap ????

Amara Bang Rak is tempting, but the rooftop swimming pool is not that great really, and last time very crowded, and did not have any shadow for us at the available sun beds. Great breakfest and back then 2700 for a night 

Edited by Hummin

Suite Deluxe Room with breakfest 3 days at a price of 6990,- baht. Also booked one evening at the Goji restaurant for their buffet at Marriot Hotel. Also like No Idea the Australian restaurant in soi 22.

Any tip of any other decent restaurant in the area except the Argentinian El Gaucho.

Bless Residence Bangkok
02 662 2444
https://maps.app.goo.gl/NEhJVYCC2ESkA7HD8