Family house broken info, 10,000Baht stolen - need advice please re security cameras

scorecard

14 hours ago, liddelljohn said:

we have  5 cameras on our house in Bangsarey and also 3 on my G/F business,, but intruders still try and get in , if she is sleeping on the farm she has booby traps and a shotgun ,, at the house   she is just plain paranoid its like living in a jail she locks every door as she goes,, shame really as I would love to thump a burgler with a machete or hammer,, did that at my old house in Eakmongol 1 Pattaya years ago ,about nine at night  2 young guys burst in to front room where my wife and her sister and our at the time 6 year old daughter was ,I was watching  TV in another room ,heard shouting and screaming so grab my hammer and a garden machete and weighed in , result one ran away but I had his mate on the floor  with a blow from blunt side of machete,, cops came took him away , and arrested his mate next day,, we had no problems with the BIB ,  both perps confessed and got 2 years in clink

I wonder how you would have gone if you killed the intruder. Most intruders would just run away if they are seen, and you don't have to risk killing someone... also, it's a bit arrogant to think you can best your young intruders if they decide to fight back with deadly force. Maybe you're a formidable street fighter, but most elderly expats, myself included, would not do well in a fight against 2 young guys.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

I wonder how you would have gone if you killed the intruder. Most intruders would just run away if they are seen, and you don't have to risk killing someone... also, it's a bit arrogant to think you can best your young intruders if they decide to fight back with deadly force. Maybe you're a formidable street fighter, but most elderly expats, myself included, would not do well in a fight against 2 young guys.

and now we have 'killed the intruder..... .

My adult Thai son would be the one who might have physical contact with them. He's fit and would have aimed to disable them rather than attempt anything more. He's a devout buddhist, violence unless to save life is not on his agenda. There's no weapons of any sort in the house just the normal kitchen knives.

In reality we don't know how many intruders. We now know that on the night before the check of doors and winows got interupted my other family stuff/problems and a longer double sliding window was closed but not locked.

In fact we never unlock/open the windows and leave them open on that side of the house because of the dust and pollution in the air coming in from the highway nearby.

But during that day we had a visit from son's loud mouth brainless brother in law who always interferes with everything at all the family houses and son had told him 'close the window and lock it' Resposnse 'it's not important', later. Son did then lock that window, maybe 2:00pm.

Around 6:00.00 a.m. the next morning my son went downstairs to get breakfast for his kids and noticed the curtains flying out of the window and then on closer checking, that the double sliding full length windows were full open. 

Since esablished that the idiot brother in law unlocked the window but didn't open the window late the previos afternoon.  

Son called his wife quickly and also called the cop who lives opposite who came quickly. Son's wife quickly established her purse was open on a coffee table meaning that it had been removed from a cabinet and she realized about 10,000Baht was missing.

Also quickly noted that all the cabinets in that rooom had been disturbed and things moved around. 

Cop quickly got another cop living in our village to come and try to get some clues but nothing.  

Edited by scorecard
  • Thanks 1

On 2/17/2023 at 12:31 PM, phetphet said:

We have Xiaomi cameras that we bought from Lazada that are pretty good. They come in various resolutions, and in wired or wireless.

There excellent!

They also offer paid subscriptions for longer cloud subscriptions. Cheap enough that we 11.

I use solar lights around the entire house.   It's like an outdoor stadium.   Thieves are less likely to burgle a well lit place with security cameras. 

Edited by MrJ2U

51 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

There excellent!

They also offer paid subscriptions for longer cloud subscriptions. Cheap enough that we 11.

I use solar lights around the entire house.   It's like an outdoor stadium.   Thieves are less likely to burgle a well lit place with security cameras. 

Our house too, now that we've had the recent burglary.

My son later remebered that the strip LED lights he had installed around all of the house were above all windows and doors. So now a new ritual, at dusk all lights on around the whole house.

Edited by scorecard
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Our house too, now that we've had the rcent burglary.

Have you thought about an NVR (Network video recorder)? With a 1tb hard drive I get about 3 months of playback with continuous recording from 4 cameras. 

• Thanks 1