Looking For Restaurants Accepting Amex Cards

One of my Amex cards has a monthly dining credit. Having trouble finding restaurants where I can use it. Would appreciate suggestions for good western restaurants in Bangkok or Chiang Mai, accepting Amex for payment. There are many hotel restaurants that take Amex, but they often code as travel rather than dining. Thanks in advance.

• Haha 1

Taken from a similar discussion on anther forum, response was 10 months ago, establishments below are in Bangkok:

• Fuji Japanese Restaurant - Terminal 21 + Siam Paragon

• Piri Piri Flaming Grill

• FOGO ASIA Steakhouse (This is El Toro on Sukhumvit opposite Soi 22)

• The Sportsman - Sukhumvit Soi 13

• Burger & Lobster - Bangkok (by Chit Lom exit on Sukhumvit)

• Paul - (Central - Chit Lom) / Bakery in most high-end malls

• The Game - between Soi 9 and 11

• Hemingway - Soi 11

• Sushi Express - Terminal 21 Asoke

• Starbucks near Asoke BTS

(Btw, I hate the AMEX "coupon book" approach whereby one pays a large annual fee to hold the card and receives a "monthly allowance" from AMEX to offset the fee.  Insulting and far too much effort.)

Hey, thanks for that. Very helpful. This is their Bonvoy Brilliant card, which has benefits I value. Used to be able to spend the entire credit in one go at a Marriott property. Now it has to be used at restaurants monthly. Better for Amex, I'm sure.

I was pretty sure it was the Bonvoy Brilliant and I'm relatively certain the Platinum status plus 25 elite nights credit that comes with it is the main benefit you value.  

I had considered it until they switched to the dining credit (instead of the $300 property credit) and then raised the annual fee to $650.

8 hours ago, TheAppletons said:

I was pretty sure it was the Bonvoy Brilliant and I'm relatively certain the Platinum status plus 25 elite nights credit that comes with it is the main benefit you value.  

I had considered it until they switched to the dining credit (instead of the $300 property credit) and then raised the annual fee to $650.

I still have a year at the old annual fee. Will have to see how I feel when the new fee comes due.