Inward & Outward Immigration Processing for PR Holders at airports - what's the latest

Has anyone got an update on the current arrangements regarding:

1.  Access to Auto Gates by PR holders (both at BKK and DMK).  Has this now been re-instated? 

2. Previously PR holders could join the Thai National queues at both Outwards and Inwards Immigration.  I was told at BKK yesterday that PR holders must now join only the very, very long Farang queues.  Is that correct?

I have only used the auto gates at Suvarnabhumi. The only time I exited and re-entered at Don Mueang, the auto gates were not set up to accept registered PR holders, only Thai nationals.

I exited and re-entered at Suvarnabhumi about a month ago and used the Thai lanes. When exiting, I was directed to the foreigner queue by one of the attendants in spite of showing my TM17. I asked the attendant to check with the immigration officer about using the Thai lane. The immigration officer then told the attendant that I should use the Thai lane.

Who told you that PR holders could no longer use the Thai lanes?

Edited by Etaoin Shrdlu

10 minutes ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

I have only used the auto gates at Suvarnabhumi. The only time I exited and re-entered at Don Mueang, the auto gates were not set up to accept registered PR holders, only Thai nationals.

I exited and re-entered at Suvarnabhumi about a month ago and used the Thai lanes. When exiting, I was directed to the foreigner queue by one of the attendants in spite of showing my TM17. I asked the attendant to check with the immigration officer about using the Thai lane. The immigration officer then told the attendant that I should use the Thai lane.

Who told you that PR holders could no longer use the Thai lanes?

Female Usher directing passengers to Inwards Immigration Processing at BKK  -  "PRs no longer can use the Thai queues".  

At Outwards processing, I was directed to the Fast Track as the auto readers were apparently for Thai Passports only (this was fortunate as the Farang queues were very, very long) 

34 minutes ago, dinga said:

Female Usher directing passengers to Inwards Immigration Processing at BKK  -  "PRs no longer can use the Thai queues".  

At Outwards processing, I was directed to the Fast Track as the auto readers were apparently for Thai Passports only (this was fortunate as the Farang queues were very, very long) 

I think the usher/attendants may not be familiar with PR holders' use of the Thai lane. I'm sure that was the case when I exited from Suvarnabhumi last month. 

7 minutes ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

I think the usher/attendants may not be familiar with PR holders' use of the Thai lane. I'm sure that was the case when I exited from Suvarnabhumi last month. 

Hope you're right!  I'll try again when I next travel.

Did you need to register in order to use the BKK Auto Gates? Remember which Immigration Desk to arrange?

16 minutes ago, dinga said:

Hope you're right!  I'll try again when I next travel.

Did you need to register in order to use the BKK Auto Gates? Remember which Immigration Desk to arrange?

Yes, It is necessary to register with the Immigration Department's office at Suvarnabhumi. It is located in the departures area after clearing immigration on the way out.

• Thanks 1

the auto gates for Thai passport seem to not work for a lot more Thai passports recently, resulting being Thais that can't go through the auto gate being directed to the adjacent fast track desk, this might be why they suspend PR that can't go through the auto gates to go to the normal queue instead of being additional work for the fast track lane 

Following was my report from 8 January 2023 on Camerata's Guide.....:

'Departing today and having used fast track, enquired about the status of autochannel. I was informed that system upgrade is now complete and Immigration is waiting for the approval of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.'

Situation departing yesterday was the same. There are about 4 gates which I understand are intended to be used for PR holders on departure.

PR holders can use the lanes for Thai PP holders. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1