Agency for UK Passport renewal

fulhamster

During the covid travel restrictions of early 2021 I used Key Visa to renew my UK passport. Cost was B5,000 not including the charge for a new passport for which I paid via the Credit Card form.

At that time it took 7 weeks. All worked out just fine.

With the Key Visa owner having sadly passed away a few weeks back not sure how that has affected their operations.

20 minutes ago, PPGuy said:

During the covid travel restrictions of early 2021 I used Key Visa to renew my UK passport. Cost was B5,000 not including the charge for a new passport for which I paid via the Credit Card form.

At that time it took 7 weeks. All worked out just fine.

With the Key Visa owner having sadly passed away a few weeks back not sure how that has affected their operations.

Did you pay KV the full amount, or did you still have to pay the passport fee by UK card ?

44 minutes ago, fulhamster said:

Did you pay KV the full amount, or did you still have to pay the passport fee by UK card ?

Key Visa's charge is separate from the passport office charge, which will be £127.51 (34 page) and is paid by card (doesn't have to be a UK card or even your own) after filling in the HMPO form.  Payment is taken in the UK once the application reaches HMPO.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, fulhamster said:

I will have problems proving my address in Thailand.

Also the application form that I have seen online asks for a UK address ... not applicable for me.

There is no requirement for a UK address, hence the need to have proof of address in Thailand.  A bank statement, or letter from your employer if you're working will work.

3 hours ago, fulhamster said:

I filled in a form allowing HMPO to take the charge from my CC...paid Key Visa 5000 for their services. From what I hear they are operating as before.....

Thai Visa Express on Buakhao 15 also offer UK passport renewal.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, fulhamster said:
6 hours ago, proton said:

why do you feel you need an agent, the process is quite simple

I will have problems proving my address in Thailand.

Scroll down to Table A on the following:-

Applying for a passport from outside the UK - Supporting Documents - GROUP 2 (publishing.service.gov.uk)

Under "Name and Address and/or Residency evidence" it says -

Please provide one of the following: • visa or resident permit (or colour photocopy)  - so all you need if you haven't got a document with your name and Thai address on it is an extra colour photcopy of the relevant passport page clearly marked "Residency evidence".

They're not actually concerned to know where you live because they're not going to send the passport there. They just need assurance that you are legally living in Thailand.

• Thanks 1