1 tomatoe

beans

sausage

freid bread

tea/coffee

65 BAHT ! :D:D:D

how can you turn a profit on that ?

p.s

in comparison ventured into tourist land and had to pay 125Baht for a Coke!

wonder if theyre rippin the tourists ? :o

Edited by N47HAN

Where do I find Crazy Daves?

I think it's on Soi Chaiyaphum, just off Soi Boukhao (sp)

yup it is m8,

a freind of mine knowing pattaya well took me their over the weekend on a trip from phuket,

really no complaints , so have to wish the bizz well offering deals like that. I guess that it is reasonably well known with you expats in patters. (or at least it should be!)

Right now i would be happy to pay 650 baht for one of Dave's breakfasts.

Excuse me while i close my eyes and dream of bacon made from real pork! :o

Nigel,

Saudi

the beers cheap too dude :D

Right now i would be happy to pay 650 baht for one of Dave's breakfasts.

Excuse me while i close my eyes and dream of bacon made from real pork! :o

Nigel,

Saudi

the beers cheap too dude :D

That's not fair! :D Next you will tell me the women arn't all ninjas

For the price and the taste,crazy daves is the best breakfast in town.admiited you have to be somewhat crazy to put up with crazy dave and crazy linda sat there pissed in a morning hurling abuse at people,but the name says it all.AROY AROY.

so we got the crazy dave thing done, what about the 125 Baht for a coke! thought your neck of the woods was supposed to be cheaper than mine (phuket!)

by the way yes it was a agogo bar , but it was early and the beer was only 59 Baht!

so we got the crazy dave thing done, what about the 125 Baht for a coke! thought your neck of the woods was supposed to be cheaper than mine (phuket!)

by the way yes it was a agogo bar , but it was early and the beer was only 59 Baht!

see you rememberd the beer price, thats, thats job done, and thats why the coke was expensive!

most blokes drink beer but coke is normally headin for the laidies, and your a paying!

but i would have thought sameish in phucket, no?

As soon as I saw your other post, I knew where you had been (in "tourist land") :D

Well, it's not really hard to explain. Those places charge alot for things like coke and water, in part to keep free-loaders out. They can make a profit on a cheap 59 baht beer, and are likely to sell more cheap beers than cokes. Time of day doesn't affect the prices (though in some places, it does affect the price of "other" expenses). :o

Too many people go into those places and expect to pay 7/11 prices for a coke or a bottle of water, and spend an hour (or more) sipping it while watching the shows. I've even seen people that figured they should be able to sit and watch the entertainment without buying anything at all.

Not too many (of those kind of) businesses are going to survive selling cheap coke and water.

(besides, as we all know, booze is much more effective at loosening inhibitions and wallets than pop !) ! :D

Too many people go into those places and expect to pay 7/11 prices for a coke or a bottle of water, and spend an hour (or more) sipping it while watching the shows. I've even seen people that figured they should be able to sit and watch the entertainment without buying anything at all.

Not too many (of those kind of) businesses are going to survive selling cheap coke and water.

(besides, as we all know, booze is much more effective at loosening inhibitions and wallets than pop !) ! :o

Thailand is not unique like this. Any club in Melbourne Australia you are likely to pay $7 for a beer or spirit based drink. A bottle of water will set you back the same.

Soundman.

I've read so much about this place that I feel I should really have made the effort to have visited it before we left the Kingdom. Sadly now we can't. 6 more days left. Woohoo. I will be really cross now if someone posts that it is fabulous :o

Pattaya is getting their pricy places too. Just the other night we were down at Slim Pattaya and bought a bottle of Chivas for 1200 bath. Now thats very cheap, especially because Slim is normally very pricy, so I was pleased.... until the bill arrived.

Over 6000 bath!!!

And here it is:

- 1 bottle of Chivas 1.200 bath

- 12 bottles of soda (300 bath EACH! for ordenary soda?!!?)

and here comes the best one...

- 2 buckets of Ice... 800 Bath!!! (yes thats right - 400 bath pr. bucket of ice!!)

Am I gonna go back to Slim Pattay? Yes! The girls there are amazing.

Am I gonna order ice and soda? No! I rather bring my own :o

Pattaya is getting their pricy places too. Just the other night we were down at Slim Pattaya and bought a bottle of Chivas for 1200 bath. Now thats very cheap, especially because Slim is normally very pricy, so I was pleased.... until the bill arrived.

Over 6000 bath!!!

And here it is:

- 2 buckets of Ice... 800 Bath!!! (yes thats right - 400 bath pr. bucket of ice!!)

Am I gonna order ice and soda? No! I rather bring my own :D

:o

Beat you !

7,000 baht in one evening.

But then again, I had a bottle of Jack Daniels (3,000 baht apparently, I think that included the mix for me [coke] and ice though)

VIP room - 1,000. Lady drinks for my friend 1,000

We also ordered some food, and a couple extra bottles of mix (soda waters). That took care of the other 2,000 baht.

I'll go back again as well. I have the distinct impression that Slim charges more for everything, to help keep the cheap-charlies away (the ATM machine at the front entrance should be viewed as a warning sign that it's going to be expensive inside).

And your not likely to run into Crazy Dave (or Weho) in there ! (that almost makes the costs worthwhile !) :D

Over 6000 bath!!!

And here it is:

Am I gonna order ice and soda? No! I rather bring my own :D

:D Are you sure that is correct?

I go to slim every weekend, and I am charged something like 60 baht for each coke/soda, and about 100 baht for each bucket of ice..

For example, I went to a concert there on Friday night, Ordered 5 soda, 2 coke, 1 ice, the bill was 520 baht..

I have never heard of anyone being charged 300 baht for a soda / 400 baht for a bucket of ice.. :o

And your not likely to run into Crazy Dave (or Weho) in there ! (that almost makes the costs worthwhile !) :D

no Weho? how boring! :D

Yeah, but it gets a little annoying when he starts emptying the ice out of the bucket and then counting how many cubes were in it, and whether or not you are getting ripped off because Sizzler gives you 2-3 more cubes of ice per bucket on average ! :o

no Weho? how boring! :D

Yeah, but it gets a little annoying when he starts emptying the ice out of the bucket and then counting how many cubes were in it, and whether or not you are getting ripped off because Sizzler gives you 2-3 more cubes of ice per bucket on average ! :o

Don't know this "Slim Pattaya"

What is it? A disco?

Where is it?

There are dozens of discos opening (and closing) recently. Can't keep track.

For the price and the taste,crazy daves is the best breakfast in town.admiited you have to be somewhat crazy to put up with crazy dave and crazy linda sat there pissed in a morning hurling abuse at people,but the name says it all.AROY AROY.

I ate at Crazy Daves once, it was awful. My friend, a brit, told me he ate there all the time, so I tried it, yuck. You get what you pay for.

Don't know this "Slim Pattaya"

Basically, it's a Coyote bar on one side and a night club (hip hop ?) on the other. Pricey, non-nud_e, Thai/Farang mixed, gorgeous girls, 15,000 baht B/F's !

Soi 5 between Beach Road and #2 road. (Bring lots of money !) :o