Crazy Daves

N47HAN

And they call Dave CRAZY!..........he's no friend of mine, but, anyone who frequents a rip off joint such as SLIMS, ought to be ashamed of being had! I am no cheap-charlie, but do value money. A 6-7,000 baht bin; thats a months salary for a university graduate. Maybe I've been here too long, but guys boasting of paying such tabs must be brain dead.

Don't know this "Slim Pattaya"

Basically, it's a Coyote bar on one side and a night club (hip hop ?) on the other. Pricey, non-nud_e, Thai/Farang mixed, gorgeous girls, 15,000 baht B/F's !

Soi 5 between Beach Road and #2 road. (Bring lots of money !) :o

sounds like a vacuum cleaner (hoover) to me

Don't know this "Slim Pattaya"

Basically, it's a Coyote bar on one side and a night club (hip hop ?) on the other. Pricey, non-nud_e, Thai/Farang mixed, gorgeous girls, 15,000 baht B/F's !

Soi 5 between Beach Road and #2 road. (Bring lots of money !) :o

Back in the Sixties (yes, I'm an old fart) I used to run a couple of clip joints in London. Had to be very handy, 'cos punters did get pee'ed off at the prices.

Reckon there'll be a fire bomb or two in this place before long.

You can offer a night-club experience at a premium, but this sounds like it's just a disco with trimmings.

I will not be visiting.

Back in the Sixties (yes, I'm an old fart) I used to run a couple of clip joints in London. Had to be very handy, 'cos punters did get pee'ed off at the prices.

Reckon there'll be a fire bomb or two in this place before long.

You can offer a night-club experience at a premium, but this sounds like it's just a disco with trimmings.

I will not be visiting.

You would have not of liked me then. :D I was brought up in London and as a teenager would frequently visit said joints around Soho. We used to know all of the 'house rules' for want of a better word and would stay in the for the bare (no pun intended) price. Not buy drinks~just meet the minimum obligation or refuse to have hostesses sit next to us just to watch the other punters being ripped off and generally have a laugh.

After a while we became quite friendly with the girls since they knew we were there just for the 'crack'. :o

I was brought up in London and as a teenager would frequently visit said joints around Soho. We used to know all of the 'house rules' for want of a better word and would stay in the for the bare (no pun intended) price. Not buy drinks~just meet the minimum obligation or refuse to have hostesses sit next to us just to watch the other punters being ripped off and generally have a laugh.

After a while we became quite friendly with the girls since they knew we were there just for the 'crack'. :o

Are you talking about strip joints or hostess bars?

I managed both types, but much less trouble with the strip joints.

The hostess bars used to see a bit of aggravation most nights, full-blown barney a couple of times a month. But in the mid- to late-sixties it all went pear-shaped, so I got back to real work.

It wasn't the guys who dwelt-on for little money that bothered me, so long as there was still room for more - it was the guys who returned the next night mob-handed with meat cleavers and the like, 'cos they thought they'd been ripped off.

That was why I raised it about 'Slims' on this thread. To me this is nothing but a rip-off.

I love SLIM pattaya - its a nice place to go. It is not expensive, i dont know where the guy before got his prices from, i pay nothing like what he said he paid for his soda. Beats crazy daves anyday, and the ladies are much nicer to look at than the view at crazy daves. :o

Humphrey I used to frequent both being a horny teenager; now I guess I am a dirty old man. :o

You are spot on. I have seen many a punter come back for a row in the hostess bars. Funny how they never seemed to posses the requisite testicular fortitude to complain at the time.

I concur with your analysis of Slim Pattaya. There name certainly is not an accurate reflection of their billing practice.

And they call Dave CRAZY!..........he's no friend of mine, but, anyone who frequents a rip off joint such as SLIMS, ought to be ashamed of being had! I am no cheap-charlie, but do value money. A 6-7,000 baht bin; thats a months salary for a university graduate. Maybe I've been here too long, but guys boasting of paying such tabs must be brain dead.

:D

Boasting ? Not really. Poking a bit of fun at DonTron. :o

If it's boasting you want, you should have come to my birthday party in April !

I dropped 20,000 baht on the bar, bar-fined a couple of service girls so they could serve my "guests" exclusively, bought a small (30kg) roast piggie and some other snacks and by the time the night was through, I had shelled out about 32,000 baht in total.

(note that that party ranks as #4 on my all-time list, so far).

Don't think brain-dead would quite describe me either (not considering I've had 2 promotions in 8 months, and have just signed a new contract with another company that is a promotion and pay raise from my current position).

Of course that's not something I do on a daily basis. I've only been to Slim once so far, but will probably go back again (although I highly doubt I will ever try Crazy Dave's establishment).

For britmaveric: Didn't see any Japanese there, but lots of Thais and farangs. Very few of the "sleeveless shirts, shorts and flip-flops" kind of patrons either. Not really a hi-so place, but I suspect most of the patrons are fairly well-to-do.

When you back again ?

Gossip in soi Day Night (off Pattaya Tai) does a wonderful American breakfast for 75 Baht and it is open 24 hours a day.

2 fried eggs

sausage

ham

crispy bacon

tomato

and fried potatoes

WITH fresh orange juice (and it is freshly squeezed) toast with proper butter and jam

AND hot tea or coffee

Fantastic! Got to be the best value (and the most tasty) breakfast in town and always freshly cooked and tastes great!

I am often in there on a morning so maybe see you there!

Gossip in soi Day Night (off Pattaya Tai) does a wonderful American breakfast for 75 Baht and it is open 24 hours a day.

2 fried eggs

sausage

ham

crispy bacon

tomato

and fried potatoes

WITH fresh orange juice (and it is freshly squeezed) toast with proper butter and jam

AND hot tea or coffee

Fantastic! Got to be the best value (and the most tasty) breakfast in town and always freshly cooked and tastes great!

Hmmm, I've probably seen you down there from time to time, as I've stood on my balcony sipping my morning brew.

I've had many a breakfast at Gossip, because it is just across the street from me. I'll sometimes indulge in a "farang" meal for supper as well. Late at night, as I'm stagerring back home, I'll stop at the kitchen entrance and buy a stryo container of steamed rice (10 baht) to take home (along with what ever else I've picked up on the way).

I think it just changed hands (ownership-wise) around April. Didn't seem to change things much before I left. Hope it's still the same when I get back in 2 weeks !

Does anybody have anything positive to say about Crazy Dave's....seems abit out of order people slagging the joint. They must be doing well to advertise on the TV. Right Dave, YYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

2 fried eggs

sausage

ham

crispy bacon

tomato

and fried potatoes

AND hot tea or coffee

And you can get a nice Bottom Rub whilst you are there ! :o

• 2 weeks later...
Does anybody have anything positive to say about Crazy Dave's....seems abit out of order people slagging the joint. They must be doing well to advertise on the TV. Right Dave, YYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHH

Best TV adds in the world.

Laugh my tits off everytime.

The only reason I watch that channel.

Can you make some more along the same track Dave?

15,000 baht B/F's

Wow, best joke I heard for long time. :D

If it would be true, who would pay that?

Anyway I have never been there and the TV ad pushes me to stay away from it.

And for 300 Baht for a soda, I better drink and the hong nam....CRAZY. :o

15,000 baht B/F's

No joke. I asked the manager (Martin I think his name is/was), and a friend I've known for a couple of years that is/was working there.

I think the idea is to prevent his dancers from being scooped up by 10:00, leaving him with no shows for the rest of the evening (there were some gorgeous girls there).

15,000 baht B/F's

No joke. I asked the manager (Martin I think his name is/was), and a friend I've known for a couple of years that is/was working there.

I think the idea is to prevent his dancers from being scooped up by 10:00, leaving him with no shows for the rest of the evening (there were some gorgeous girls there).

So - after midnight or one a.m. the bar-fines come down to a reasonable level? Doubt it.

It is just another tourist trap - but with high drink prices AND high bar-fines, I cannot see it lasting long. Not in Pattaya, anyway.

Cheap drinks and the punters don't always worry about the bar-fine level.

It is just another tourist trap -

Most of the customers at Slim are Thai.. I dont see many foreigners there, especially tourists.

I Cannot even begin to imagine Thais paying 15,000 Baht bar fines.

Ive NEVER been charged the prices listed on here, Im wondering if the poster got it wrong?

I dont pay bar fines or buy lady drinks, but I have always been charged approx 60 baht per mixer/ice..

I cant imagine the barfines being so high :o Thats just way over the top..

I think it's funny to see all the complains of the prices at Slim, comparing to what a student or worker would earn here. You guys seem to forget that while there is a huge part of the Thai population who live below the poverty line there is still a very large part who are filthy rich and for whom a bar tab of 15K is just pocket money.

I think it's funny to see all the complains of the prices at Slim, comparing to what a student or worker would earn here. You guys seem to forget that while there is a huge part of the Thai population who live below the poverty line there is still a very large part who are filthy rich and for whom a bar tab of 15K is just pocket money.

Agreed.

And while I'm not filthy rich, or even moderately wealthy, I've dropped 15k+ on a nights fun more than once (never paid a 15k b/f though !).

Then again, I work in places like where I'm at now in part so I can afford the odd wild night out now and then.

When I get to the end of my string, I want to remember the things I've done, not regret the things I could have done.

Nigel,

Saudi

Patts is probably very similar to where you are Nigel, cheap beer flowing freely, bacon and sausages everywhere you turn and semi clad females as far as the eye can see lol I spent time in Jeddah and Yanbu as a youngster I feel for you