Trying to download an app only available to Australia

Kenny202

Trying to download a banking app through Google play, and coming back with a message not available in your country (Thailand)

I am using a VPN with an Australian server but no go

Is there a setting in Google I need to change? Maybe my location or something or do I need to clear memory or turn GPS off or something?

Appreciate any advice, and thanks in advance

• Like 1

You need to change the country associated with your Google account. Your physical location or using a VPN will have no effect whatsoever.  The way I would do it is download it through a third-party site such as apkpure. There are also APK download browser extensions that will download directly from Google Play that you can sideload.

13 hours ago, Kenny202 said:

Thats exactly what I am doing. No go

try it without a vpn...a banking app could see your use of a vpn as potential fraud and reject it.

failing that find your banks Facebook page and message them direct

4 hours ago, brianthainess said:

I have a similar problem, must have an OZ phone number, plus when my computer decided to reboot itself i'm now locked out of google and my old Yahoo email account.  

FYI I phoned my OZ bank from TH using a AIS sim gave account and security details they accepted my TH number and I have been receiving SMS no problems since

1 minute ago, norbra said:

FYI I phoned my OZ bank from TH using a AIS sim gave account and security details they accepted my TH number and I have been receiving SMS no problems since

I tried that, I want to increase my telegraphic from 10k to 50k but can't. they have my Thai number and my address NO must have an OZ phone number. the only way is to do it over the phone, but always get the runaround, especially if the ex-rate is up, kept waiting till 1k of phone credit ran out. OZ banks suck! 

9 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

I tried that, I want to increase my telegraphic from 10k to 50k but can't. they have my Thai number and my address NO must have an OZ phone number. the only way is to do it over the phone, but always get the runaround, especially if the ex-rate is up, kept waiting till 1k of phone credit ran out. OZ banks suck! 

1k of phone credit? Are you calling them direct from your mobile phone? 
With a call application, the rate begins at around 0.4 baht per minute for landlines up to 1.5 baht for National numbers.
That is from 2500 minutes for 1k. I doubt if they kept you on hold for forty hours ☺️ 

13 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Why don’t you have an Oz number on International Roaming?

3 minutes ago, NextG said:

1k of phone credit? Are you calling them direct from your mobile phone? 
With a call application, the rate begins at around 0.4 baht per minute for landlines up to 1.5 baht for National numbers.
That is from 2500 minutes for 1k. I doubt if they kept you on hold for forty hours ☺️ 

When using the cheaper rate of 7b a minute it tends to either, not connect or cuts out after about 20min, so i used the normal rate :saai:

36 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

I used the phone banking portal not help desk number

@brianthainess do you have someone in Oz who can activate an Amaysim for you then mail it to you. Can receive SMS in Thailand for free, only need to top them up once a year min $10 to keep them active, just make sure you turn mobile data off on the phone you put it in.

Edited by Aliflair
Response to different person