Ukraine war: Big mistake for Russia to suspend nuclear arms treaty, Biden says

Scott

US President Joe Biden arrives in Poland

US President Joe Biden has called Russia's decision to suspend the New Start nuclear arms treaty a big mistake.

President Vladimir Putin announced the move on Tuesday in his annual address to the nation.

The deal, signed in 2010, limits the number of US and Russian nuclear warheads and gives each the power to inspect the other's weapons.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-64735708

BBC.jpg

9 minutes ago, billd766 said:

And what?

Let Russia walk in and take over a democratic country of 40 odd million people?

And what would you say if Russia were to decide that Poland, the eastern part for Germany, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia or Finland would be annexed next?

Still nothing to do with the West?

Deal with that hypothetical situation IF it ever arises .

Russia will be content with just getting Ukraine back and although some may disagree with that , its not worth getting into a World war about

9 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Russia will be content with just getting Ukraine back and although some may disagree with that , its not worth getting into a World war about

Naaa they tryed that route 70 odd years ago things dident work out so well the free world won’t let that murderous dictator get away with it time for the Russians to take care of their problem the sooner the better!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Tug said:

Naaa they tryed that route 70 odd years ago things dident work out so well the free world won’t let that murderous dictator get away with it time for the Russians to take care of their problem the sooner the better!

Ukraine is traditionally  part of the Eastern Block and its the Western World which is trying to expand by  bringing Ukraine under their influence 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, heybruce said:

The Baltic States, Poland, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania and Bulgaria are also part of the Eastern Block.  Do you think it would be ok for Russia to invade them as well? 

The "Western World" leaves the door open to those who wish to have good political and economic relations with it.  Ukraine was one such nation.  The west didn't try to bring Ukraine under its influence, the majority of the people in Ukraine decided they liked what the west had to offer more than what Russia was offering/inflicting.

The west is influential because it is comparatively attractive economically and socially. Russia is influential because of graft, secret police and invasions.  People defending Russia are sick.

I am just talking about the situation .

I get tired of being called names , I am not "sick" , I am just talking about the situation and I wasn't "defending" Russia and impartial discussion goes our the window with you lot . Always has to be a fight 

Anyway, tired of being called sick, troll blah blah blah 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

I'm beginning to think the West should have stayed right out of this.

Welcome to my point of view. I have been saying that since before the invasion started.

It's not the west's concern, IMO. America and allies invade Iraq based on lies and that is OK, but when Russia invades a non NATO member state, it's all about the big bad man and how we have to make arms manufacturers really really rich in response, while seeing loads of dead Ukrainians and untold destruction in Ukraine as "collateral damage".

Far as I'm concerned, any posters on here that support the war are welcome to do something more about it than from behind a keyboard and go join the fight. The Ukrainians will welcome them.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, billd766 said:

And what?

Let Russia walk in and take over a democratic country of 40 odd million people?

And what would you say if Russia were to decide that Poland, the eastern part for Germany, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia or Finland would be annexed next?

Still nothing to do with the West?

What on earth are you about? Poland, Germany, and I believe Finland, are in NATO. Putin isn't going to go there, unless he wants WW3.

11 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

That’s not a hypothetical situation, it’s the core of Russian Propaganda messaging.

Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Welcome to my point of view. I have been saying that since before the invasion started.

It's not the west's concern, IMO. America and allies invade Iraq based on lies and that is OK, but when Russia invades a non NATO member state, it's all about the big bad man and how we have to make arms manufacturers really really rich in response, while seeing loads of dead Ukrainians and untold destruction in Ukraine as "collateral damage".

Far as I'm concerned, any posters on here that support the war are welcome to do something more about it than from behind a keyboard and go join the fight. The Ukrainians will welcome them.

The point you are obfuscating is it is the Ukrainian people who are fighting for their country and their freedom.

All they ask for is assistance with the supply of materiel and intelligence data to help them in their fight.

Your argument regarding supporters of ‘this war’ is both itself an obfuscation and scurrilous.

Support for Ukraine, is not support for this war, this war was started by Putin, not Ukraine.

Though there is a point, undermining support for Ukraine is definitely offering Putin a helping hand.

• Like 2