Prince Harry and Meghan Markle dismiss South Park lawsuit rumour

Scott

Harry & Meghan Netflix Documentary

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have reportedly dismissed claims they were planning to sue the creators of cartoon comedy South Park.

An episode titled The Worldwide Privacy Tour features two characters who bear a resemblance to Harry and Meghan, embarking on a tour across the world demanding their privacy.

The couple's spokesperson told People: "It's all frankly nonsense. Totally baseless, boring reports."

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-64730600

BBC.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I saw the episode.  I didn't find it all that funny, but it is very well done, as are most episodes of South Park.   

I've been reading Harry's book, "Spare".   An interesting book.  It sheds a lot of light on a lot of different subjects.  I think that perspective made the South Park episode a little less funny.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Credo said:

I saw the episode.  I didn't find it all that funny, but it is very well done, as are most episodes of South Park.   

I've been reading Harry's book, "Spare".   An interesting book.  It sheds a lot of light on a lot of different subjects.  I think that perspective made the South Park episode a little less funny.   

I thought it was funny. Not laugh out loud type funny, more of a cringe induced giggle as you watch it through your fingers thinking "I can't believe they've done that".

The World Wide Privacy Tour ????. They just nailed it in every possible way. Absolutely brutal the way they surgically dissected the hypocrisy and ridiculousness of the couple. Brilliantly done. 

image.png.190f2e1211243bc940147c439f987a4b.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The creators of South Park just got offered and accepted a contract for almost  ONE BILLION US DOLLARS for the next few seasons. They have an interesting history. Whether you like them or not, you have to give them credit how they have touched a nerve around the world.

• Like 2

Like most long running animation series, and along with Family Guy and the Simpsons, the best days of South Park are well behind it. No subtlety or humanity anymore. Normally the most obvious and banal of observations. I stopped watching a while ago to be fair so it may have improved but not based on the supposed highlights that pop up on Youtube from time to time. 

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, JonnyF said:

P.T. Barnum probably wasn't an expert on social media.

Times have changed. This couple are taking an absolute hammering. I'd actually feel sorry for them if they weren't so divisive, hypocritical and vicious.

I've always liked Harry.  I found him to be an outlier in the Firm.  He never really liked school, he didn't do particularly well in school.  He loved the military and did well there.  He's got leadership ability, but not the restrictive  type demanded by the Royal Family.  An amazing person and one whom I think we will see good thing happen.  He is certainly a good father and husband.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Back in reality, their approval rating is dropping like a stone. Obviously Brit haters support what they are trying to do but they are a tiny minority.

https://www.skynews.com.au/lifestyle/celebrity-life/meghan-and-harrys-approval-rating-hits-shocking-low-as-couple-becomes-more-disliked-than-even-prince-andrew/news-story/3fe3660766da409ec5adf06190cf56e9

image.png.11ea831f7d0ff433de49ca7efb7c0f39.png

The poll that sky refers to is a poll of US residents. It speaks volumes, however, that anyone would rank an alleged pedophile higher than someone who is, in reality, no more than a bit gobby and over exposed.

Thankfully, we can rely on the young to see things with more objectivity.

"As recently as 2015, 69% of 18- to 24-year-olds said that Britain should remain a monarchy. By 2018 this had fallen to 47%, and in polls from 2020 onwards, prior to the Queen’s death, it has averaged at just 35%."

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/sep/16/britain-grief-polling-figures-monarchy-popularity

Have you anything to back to your suggestion that it's only a "tiny minority" who want to see the end this afront to democracy?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

The poll that sky refers to is a poll of US residents. It speaks volumes, however, that anyone would rank an alleged pedophile higher than someone who is, in reality, no more than a bit gobby and over exposed.

Off topic, but there are no allegations of Paedophilia against Andrew. Paedophilia relates to sexually abusing children 13 or under. Having consensual sex with a 17 year old in London (there is no proof that he did) is neither illegal nor paedophilia.

23 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Thankfully, we can rely on the young to see things with more objectivity.

"As recently as 2015, 69% of 18- to 24-year-olds said that Britain should remain a monarchy. By 2018 this had fallen to 47%, and in polls from 2020 onwards, prior to the Queen’s death, it has averaged at just 35%."

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/sep/16/britain-grief-polling-figures-monarchy-popularity

Have you anything to back to your suggestion that it's only a "tiny minority" who want to see the end this afront to democracy?

Again off topic. This thread is about Harry and Meghan and the SouthPark episode.

But yes, 67% of the UK support retaining the monarchy. I'd imagine that will rise further with the dignified way they have dealt with Harry and Harry's wife's vindictive campaign of lies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republicanism_in_the_United_Kingdom#:~:text=In May 2022%2C ahead of,figure stood firm at 67%.

image.png.2235f47c4f4cd61175cae665609ee1ff.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Off topic, but there are no allegations of Paedophilia against Andrew. Paedophilia relates to sexually abusing children 13 or under. Having consensual sex with a 17 year old in London (there is no proof that he did) is neither illegal nor paedophilia.

Again off topic. This thread is about Harry and Meghan and the SouthPark episode.

But yes, 67% of the UK support retaining the monarchy. I'd imagine that will rise further with the dignified way they have dealt with Harry and Harry's wife's vindictive campaign of lies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republicanism_in_the_United_Kingdom#:~:text=In May 2022%2C ahead of,figure stood firm at 67%.

image.png.2235f47c4f4cd61175cae665609ee1ff.png

But you can see the trend - in fewer than 10 years, support for the monarchy amongst 18-24 year olds has halved. That should worry even the most positive of monarchists.

But already a third of the UK either supports the abolition of the monarchy or is nonplussed. Hardly a tiny minority. I wonder what Wills has planned to ensure that his life of privilege at the tax payers' expense continues. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

But you can see the trend - in fewer than 10 years, support for the monarchy amongst 18-24 year olds has halved. That should worry even the most positive of monarchists.

But already a third of the UK either supports the abolition of the monarchy or is nonplussed. Hardly a tiny minority. I wonder what Wills has planned to ensure that his life of privilege at the tax payers' expense continues. 

It's the least bad option IMO, and it would be churlish to ignore the money they bring in via tourism, the soft power around the world, the charity work etc.

The problem with it is that Harry could have been first and then we'd be facing a future with a complete plank as head of state. Fortunately, William was born first but I don't like the idea that we essentially rely on luck in terms of who gets the position. Having said that, if Harry was first born he might not have turned out to be such a jealous, spiteful, vindictive brat. He'd still have been intellectually challenged though.

• Like 2

On 2/23/2023 at 6:20 PM, JonnyF said:

That's because he's not very bright.

Yes his status as grandson of the Queen would have opened many doors for him. I'm not sure using military helicopters to order (and then call off) a hit on the then Prince of Wales could be described as "doing well" though.

image.png.9e27fdd111fb91af3dc46f2b4d4d6a2a.png

I'm not sure how good he is as a husband and father. He's certainly a terrible son, brother and grandson. The bullying of the matron at school suggests he wasn't a very nice child either.

image.png.5708e0b01e3aebbe5831e940cced057a.png

Well, you are a master at taking remarks out of context to make a point.  Harry makes no claim to being anything other than what he is.  He is quite open that he was not a good student, he struggled with his studies and he wasn't oriented toward an intellectual life.  He entered the military precisely because he did not want to go to University.  Do you think everyone should attend University?

His description you quote are from his teenage years.  It's the type of description many young boys would make about the older minders who have authority over them.   

He describes his relationships with his family.  I found him to actually be quite kind to them much of the time.  He was disappointed by how they reacted to his struggles, but also explains their behavior in relationship to their roles in the monarchy.  Charles and Willy usually sided on protecting the monarchy over protecting Harry.  That's simply a fact.  That's how it shakes down in his family, and that was a part of his struggle -- he was never going to really fit into that institution.  

Regarding his relationship with his family, the book portrays a lot of what many families experience, sibling rivalry being a big example.  He hardly throws anyone under the bus.  

• Haha 1