Traveling with weed

jingjai9

1 hour ago, LOWERCASEGUY said:

So, what you’re saying is, the law wouldn’t have protected him?   

Yes, all kinds of bad stuff can happen to you.  You could be arrested, kidnapped, tortured, etc but that was not OP’s question and it’s just a bunch of barstool lawyers saying, “Well, you should cower in your home 24/7 because bad things might happen.”

It’s legal to fly with cannabis domestically. The NCB and AOT have gone on the record in the Thai media.

Theres no law that says it’s legal because that’s not how legal systems generally work.  They tell you what isn’t legal and everything else is legal.  

There’s no law that legalized cannabis.  Thai parliament passed a law removing cannabis from the list of controlled substances.  

Thats what made it legal, being removed from the list of things deemed illegal.  

You need to smoke smoking so much, you've ceased to be able to understand posts!

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I went back to America from Thailand recently with a small amount of weed. Went from BKK to short stopover in Doha to Boston, MA. It's legal in MA. I'm not suggesting anyone do this, it's prohibited to fly with it and it's not legal in doha. 

There's no signs at BKK Airport about weed, at least I never saw any. I had it in my carry on. In doha, I had to go through security twice. I was the most nervous about it here, for good reason. Other than that, it was smooth sailing. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Tythai said:

So I went back to America from Thailand recently with a small amount of weed. Went from BKK to short stopover in Doha to Boston, MA. It's legal in MA. I'm not suggesting anyone do this, it's prohibited to fly with it and it's not legal in doha. 

There's no signs at BKK Airport about weed, at least I never saw any. I had it in my carry on. In doha, I had to go through security twice. I was the most nervous about it here, for good reason. Other than that, it was smooth sailing. 

What a F@#king fool you are, it might be legal in Ma BUT its Illegal by federal law!!!
and if u had been stopped/searched in Doha.....

SO you thought it was a good idea to take overpriced weed back to a place you could buy it cheaper and legally?   wow,the mind boggles 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zzzzz said:

What a F@#king fool you are, it might be legal in Ma BUT its Illegal by federal law!!!
and if u had been stopped/searched in Doha.....

SO you thought it was a good idea to take overpriced weed back to a place you could buy it cheaper and legally?   wow,the mind boggles 

You're absolutely right, it was very stupid and not worth the risk. I had accumulated a bunch of weed from various places and couldn't bear to throw it all out. I gave away a lot to a neighbor before I left. Going through doha was definitely not worth it and I won't be doing that again. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...