Hyundai Cars, Good Or Bad?

I intend to get myself a decent inexpensive car soon. My wife and I like the look of the Hyundai elentra but I cant help wondering why they are so low in price. Is it a spare parts problem? or is the car unreliable?

Ant hyundai owners please enlighten me.

Hyundai exited Thai market several years ago, mostly due to low sales. It was quite popular once but law quality had caused long lasting prejudice among Thai motorists. If it's one of the latest Elantras or Sonatas (circa 2000) it probably won't be so bad, Thais burnt their fingers on mostly earlier Excels.

Hyundai will be up and running again, reportedly in September, and build cars at Thonburi plant that assembles Mercedes Benz now.

There will be all new models, I doubt they'll support Elantras.

many Thai people go rather for the BRAND than for the quality of a car (same goes for mobile Phones where everybody NEEDS just NOKIA and nothing else).

Honday and Toyota are very popular while Mitsubishi and Nissan are not so much.

Not to mention Hyundai.

I think you will get excellent value for money by buying this cheapo Hyundai.

I bought an old car of a not-so-popular brand 2 years ago and am very satisfied with what I got for my little money.....

Hi

Its not just the quality & reliability but also the safety issue, recently read an article with pictures where they did some crash testing. The Chevrolet Aveo got a whopping 1 star, Mitsubishi Lancer got 1.5 stars (both of these the passenger compartment had failed considerably, and the driver would of sustained life threatening injury), where the Ford Focus got 5 stars (driver could walk away with some bruising), now which one would you rather be sat in, in a crash.

Warwick

I thin k Hyundais entered the US market about 20 years ago. When it first arrived it was of very poor quality. After about 10 years the quality had improved tremendously and they gave outstanding warranties. Much longer than any other make. Fo4r quality they may still be just below Toyotra and Honda, but are light years ahead of Kias, Daihatsus and Suzukis. You'd probably get less at resale, but if you save enough on the purchase, maybe that's not such a big deal.

Only problem with Hyundais is spare parts; Korean manufacturers never seem to get the supply chain going for spares like the Japanese. Its pretty much the same story everywhere with korean cars.

Cadillac Se Ville 1965

That would be quite rare, as they only specially produced SeVilles before 1975 I think, but no expert.

Guessing here but s is next to d on keyboard, so a '65 de Ville {though should it not be DeVille as in Town v Lincoln Town car} would make sense, would it not?

Regards

/edit format//

Edited by A_Traveller