TM30 submission in person process

I need to submit a TM30 form by Tuesday.  I've tried using the online application, but haven't received the email for confirmation of registration yet and read on here it can take between 5 days and 5 weeks.

I live with my wife in our house, which she is the owner of. My wife is going to submit TM30 in person on Monday (without me), what is the process?

• TM30 form Part 1 (register her address)
    • Needs her ID and Blue Book
  • TM30 form Part 2 (register me at the address)
    • Does she need my passport or a copy?
  • Submit at Chaeng Watthana

is that is, am I missing any steps or forms?

13 minutes ago, Millian said:

However if I need it to apply for a new extension of stay, and turn up without it and the Immigration Officer asks for it,  and I state "I haven't got one. its not my reasonability, its my wife's".  This is unlikely to go down well and the chances of getting a new extension of stay is  thin.

15 years of doing extensions before immigration decided to ask my wife why she hadn't ever submitted a TM30. They fined her 400 Baht 2 years or so ago.

I know of no farang that has been fined for not submitting a TM30.  Anyone else know of one?

Edited by IvorBiggun2

Well I disagree and believe its correct to worry over each requirement and ill tell you why.

Last year I went to CW to change the reason for my extension of stay from work to marriage.   
I was told I cannot change the reason for extension of stay because I came into the country so many years ago on a Non-B and I need to change to a Non-O visa. (this is legally fine as I understand, you can extend and change the reason for extension of stay indefinitely). 

They said they would only grant me a new extension of stay if I paid them a 15k bribe!

So if immigration officials are open to demanding bribes from you when you have all documents in order, the chances of it happening when you dont have all your required docs are surely even higher.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Millian said:

Well I disagree and believe its correct to worry over each requirement and ill tell you why.

If anyone needs to worry about about their visa here then it has to be me. I'm married with 3 leuk rung teenage children. To confirm my stay here I do everything by the book. I offer no bribes to immigration, police or the likes. If any ask for one I refuse. I play by the rules. 

At immigration the other year I went to get my passport stamps transferred to my new one. The officer asked for 400 Baht. I told him there was no charge for the transfer and I wasn't paying. He backed down. Shame other farangs don't play by the book. It may make life here easier.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Millian said:

However if I need it to apply for a new extension of stay, and turn up without it and the Immigration Officer asks for it,  and I state "I haven't got one. its not my reasonability, its my wife's".

Exactly.

Ignore some poorly informed posts. 

It is YOUR responsibility to provide all the required docs. 

42 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

What form 'admitting the failure to report'? You are making that up.

she had to sign a form in the immigration office admitting she did not do the TM 30, we went two weeks after returning. She bargained the price down on the fine, she got a receipt. Why would I make it up, this was 2018

2 minutes ago, proton said:

she had to sign a form in the immigration office admitting she did not do the TM 30

Forms in Thailand have numbers. What number was the one she signed? My wife never signed a form admitting to failing to do a TM30. I did publish a photo of my TM30 which is in my passport showing my wife declaration as to my residence at her house. Unfortunately the mods deleted it as it showed personal information.

20 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:
3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

It is YOUR responsibility to provide all the required docs. 

Sez who?

Not all folk applying for an extension are doing annual extensions and also have a Thai wife living in her home.

For the majority married or not they are renting.

Some even own their own condo etc.

The person applying for extension may be required to show proof of a TM30.

That my be as simple as obtaining a screenshot from hotel where you are staying. 

It may be doing the TM30 as possessor etc. 

Bottom line is it's the applicants responsibly to provide docs for immigration. 

Your advice is poor and shows little knowledge.

In the main based on your experience of wife being fined some years ago. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

2 years ago not some. 1st December 2020 to be exact.

Here is yet another thread some time ago where two very experienced guys (one being uj) have quoted you and point out your misunderstanding.

Both on first page.

12 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Here is yet another thread some time ago where two very experienced guys (one being uj) have quoted you and point out your misunderstanding.

Both on first page.

The answer to the question is that a report is not required. It is only needed if you change your registered address.

36 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The answer to the question is that a report is not required. It is only needed if you change your registered address.

The OP in this thread has changed address. 

OP second post.....

"We moved house in December."

Some folk are insisting that TM30 is responsibility of the owner.

32 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The OP in this thread has changed address. 

OP second post.....

"We moved house in December."

Some folk are insisting that TM30 is responsibility of the owner.

I was replying to your post.

The rules state it can done by the owner, head of household or possessor.

19 hours ago, Millian said:

Last year I went to CW to change the reason for my extension of stay from work to marriage. 

I agree with your thinking, I have the T30 receipt in my passport and they always check it.

If you are going to do marriage again then your wife should be with you and she could deal with it if the issue is raised.

If she is not going to be there I would agree and she should go beforehand and hand it in.

23 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Still your wife's reasonability to submit it. Not your problem. 

https://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand-visa/about-tm30-thailand

if you look closely at the TM30 form you see that it can be submitted by:

the owner of the residence, the head of household, or the possessor of the residence.

"Possessor" is a person who possesses the right to inhabit the residence (like a renter, or spouse of owner, et al)

• Haha 1

Thanks for all the replies, however can anyone help with the original question?

"- TM30 form Part 1 (register her address)

- Needs her ID and Blue Book

- TM30 form Part 2 (register me at the address)

- Does she need my passport or a copy?

Submit at Chaeng Watthana

is that is, am I missing any steps or forms?"

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2023 at 1:34 PM, IvorBiggun2 said:

15 years of doing extensions before immigration decided to ask my wife why she hadn't ever submitted a TM30. They fined her 400 Baht 2 years or so ago.

I know of no farang that has been fined for not submitting a TM30.  Anyone else know of one?

Well, technically not a farang that got fined. But I used to live in a house which I claim I own - my name is on the building permit. But my Thai daughter, who lives in London, owns the land. I got a visit from my local IO, who are a truly beastly lot. They didn't buy my ownership story. They tried to demand they speak to her. It was 1am in the morning in London. Long story short, I asked what she had to pay. 1600. I got a receipt. Owned and lived in the house off and on since 2006.

Edited by bradiston