When to Start Counting 90 Days

I get my 90 day O about 30 days into an exempt and will get the one year before the end of the 90 O

Do I start counting my 90 report at the beginning of the 90 day O or at the beginning of the one year O (based on the date of the stamp)?

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Your first extension is within 90 days from application for extension. 

Still a bit vague.  One person says start counting from the day you apply and the other from the day the one year O is given. Or does that just mean the O is given at the same time it is applied for?

26 minutes ago, AAArdvark said:

Still a bit vague

Read ubonjoe post.

You stated......

"....... from the day the one year O is given." 

No such animal.

There is a non 0 that gives a 90 day stamp.

Subsequently you can apply for a 12 month extension.

The day you obtain the extension starts 90 day clock. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Read ubonjoe post.

You stated......

"....... from the day the one year O is given." 

No such animal.

There is a non 0 that gives a 90 day stamp.

Subsequently you can apply for a 12 month extension.

The day you obtain the extension starts 90 day clock. 

Thank you.  So even though I will have been in the country for more than 90 days, I will not be required  to do a 90 day report until I get the extension?

5 hours ago, flexomike said:
17 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Your first extension due date is 90 days from application for extension. 

reword to your first 90 day report due date is

And note that the 90-days INCLUDES the day of application, same as the 30 (45) day visa exempt entry INCLUDES the day you entered and regardless if it was ten-to-midnight on that day.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, AAArdvark said:

Do I start counting my 90 report at the beginning of the 90 day O or at the beginning of the one year O (based on the date of the stamp)?

It's depending of your immigration office.

At some offices – probably most of them – the 90 date begins with first extension of stay and continue counting 90 days from last report; or 90 days from last entry stamp.

Other offices resets the 90-days count with the annual extension of stay. In that case you should have a new slip stapled in your passport with the date for next 90 day address-report. When re-enter from abroad the 90-day report is reset to re-enter date. The immigration office I use is among this category...????

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I can comment on personal experience at Chaeng Wattana.

Friend went from visa exempt to NON-O to retirement entering in Oct 22.

Had read here that the 90 days reporting "countdown" would not start until he applied for his annual extension.

Was reassured that this was the case as we visited the 90 day reporting counter and inquired when he received his NON-O, they said he would receive a receipt at the time of his extension advising when he should begin hos 90 day reporting.

At the time he received his annual extension they stapled a paper (receipt if you will) into his passport advising he should report 90 days from the day he applied.

In total he will have been in Thailand almost 6ish months before he is required to submit his first 90 day report. He entered in Oct and has a May report day receipt in his passport.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1