Breaking News ALEX MURDAUGH FOUND GUILTY OF MURDER.

Scott

Alex Murdaugh found guilty of murdering his wife and son

From CNN's Alta Spells and Ronnie Glassberg 

The jury in the double murder trial of Alex Murdaugh has found him guilty of murdering his wife and son, the grisliest and most severe of the allegations faced by the disgraced former South Carolina attorney.

Murdaugh, the 54-year-old scion of a prominent and powerful family of local lawyers and solicitors, was also found guilty of two counts of possession of a weapon during the commission of a violent crime in the killings of Margaret “Maggie” Murdaugh and Paul Murdaugh on June 7, 2021.

Prosecutors have indicated they will seek life in prison without the possibility of parole for the murders, sparing him the death penalty.

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/murdaugh-trial-closing-arguments-03-02-23/index.html

CNN-logo-July-4-2020-e1593906141959-300x

Meh so what so some rich pos kills his old lady and kid no different than some regular guy doing the same thing except this dude is white and had money lock the dud up and throw away the key my condolences to the family of the victims 

I don't know what else the jury could have done.  The man lied endlessly through the trial.  He was caught lying and only came clean about a lie when he was caught -- like on videotape.  Then, he would make up some new story.  It only took 3 hours, and I suspect that's because they were waiting for coffee and donuts before returning to the courtroom.   

3 minutes ago, RayC said:

<deleted>! That headline has ruined my enjoyment of the inevitable forthcoming TV mini-series!

There is already a document about this family.  I saw it quite some time ago.  It centered a lot on Paul and his fatal boat accident.  Both HBO and Netflix have programming.  

1 minute ago, Scott said:

There is already a document about this family.  I saw it quite some time ago.  It centered a lot on Paul and his fatal boat accident.  Both HBO and Netflix have programming.  

It's a good watch!  And only the first half, as they've been filming the trial for a follow-up.

Great news, watched the first 2 episodes on Netflix, there was enough there to convince me easily of his guilt, now going to look forward to the last one.

What a scum family, all of them. 5 murders altogether that are linked to this one family.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Scott said:

Saw it on Netflix last week.  Right piece of filth this man is.

Edited by DaveE13

Well he got life,if they put him in general population that will be a short sentence indeed he put a lot of people away during his career im sure they would love to see him again audios ya killer 

Alex Murdaugh sentenced to life in prison for murder

BreakingMurdaugh sentenced to life in prison

Alex Murdaugh has been sentenced to life in prison for the murder of his son and wife on their family estate in 2021.

Judge Clifton Newman sentenced Murdaugh to life in prison for each murder count and said these will be served consecutively.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-us-canada-64831114