Wireless Headphones

samuttodd

Hello all,

I've got a set of Bose qc35 Noise cancelling headphones that are about 6 years old and I love them.

They have stopped taking a charge and I think they probably need a new rechargeable battery,  since the one in them now is the original.

They still work great,  but the charge is diminishing and soon they will be kaput.    I tried different cords and chargers and they are not the culprit.   The little amber light that usually lights up while it is taking a charge does not light up anymore.

Is there anyone in BKK  that can put in a new battery for me?    I looked up the operation and it appeards to be a fairly complex one and I do not want to dick around and mess up my headphones.

Any referrals would be a big help.

In Palladium, I think on the 3rd or 4th floor (on one of the electronic floors) there is a small shop that specifically repairs headphones.

Last time I was in Palladium about two months ago the shop was still there.

Edited by userabcd
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Wireless ones have a short lifespan that's why i stick to wired earphones now.

Maybe try tukcom if in Pattaya

My Bose ones are used regularly and are almost 10 years old if you call that a short lifespan.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

batteries die, depends if you are a heavy user or not, that's why phones are only good for a few years

Then you get the battery replaced, the actual phones are fine...........well mine are.

Depends on make, you get what you pay, or don't, pay for.

7 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

batteries die, depends if you are a heavy user or not, that's why phones are only good for a few years

13 minutes ago, samuttodd said:

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

My Bose ones are used regularly and are almost 10 years old if you call that a short lifespan.

Really ………wireless head phones come available 2016 so if you got very first pair released they be 7 years old.

my senheisser had battery problems within 18 months they just replaced them with newer model at no costAAEBC7BE-64B9-4E01-B562-A604B18710EF.thumb.jpeg.6441db2588a3a1149cb540aac67f234f.jpeg

Edited by taninthai

1 hour ago, taninthai said:

Really ………wireless head phones come available 2016 so if you got very first pair released they be 7 years old.

I bought some TDK wireless headphones in Bangkok back in about 2010, they recently broke as in physically snapped due to wear and tear, notably they still work.

Anyway I bought a new set and will do so again rather than salvage old junk.

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Wireless ones have a short lifespan that's why i stick to wired earphones now.

Maybe try tukcom if in Pattaya

did u read his post ? .... Is there anyone in BKK ..... 555

It's called planned obsolescence, and its new champion is the lithium battery.

The obvious course would be to make products that require the use of batteries to use AA, AAA, AAAA, etc.  But then we wouldn't ever be in OP's predicament where faced with a dead battery we must resort to purchasing a whole new product.

3 hours ago, samuttodd said:

I had a pair of wireless headphones that were from Japan in the mid 1990s.  They weren't using bluetooth but IR.  They were nearly as good as the Bose QC35's.  Way ahead of their time. 

3 hours ago, ukrules said:

I bought some TDK wireless headphones in Bangkok back in about 2010, they recently broke as in physically snapped due to wear and tear, notably they still work.

Anyway I bought a new set and will do so again rather than salvage old junk.

Yeah they were invented in a stranger form as far back as 1960,then started appearing early 2000 more development  2010 and then the current range we know of now blue tooth etc started around 2016.

6 minutes ago, taninthai said:

Yeah they were invented in a stranger form as far back as 1960,then started appearing early 2000 more development  2010 and then the current range we know of now blue tooth etc started around 2016.

Yes, the model I had used some kind of 2 piece transmitter and receiver which both took AAA batteries - worked well for about 12/13 years.

Well,  It looks like Bose is willing to cut me a break on doing an upgrade for my old headphones (which will not charge) to the newer and better QC45 headphones.    Total of $209 after their rebate.

A new set will hit me $279.

Of course I'll have to do the exchange when I am back in the United states,  so I will have to wait until mid July to resolve  this.    <deleted>.