APPLICATION FOR VISA EXTENSION OLINE

Since my last post here regarding the matter of extending my Non-immigrant O visa based on marriage I have considered all the information I have gleaned from this blog and others and have decided do the following in obtaining my annual visa extensions. I would greatly appreciate any comments of confirmation correction, or additional information regarding same. 1.) As I am sure you know, it is now possible to make an online appointment for visa extensions at the Chaeng Wattana government complex, which I intend to do, and I would appreciate knowing the quickest transportation method of getting to the complex from where we will be staying in the CBD of Bangkok, and exactly where to report in the complex for our appointment (I understand that my wife must accompany me). 2.) Also, perhaps you know that it is now possible to apply for a visa extension online (including uploading required documents, etc.); however, after completing the online application, one must then go to the government complex to complete the process. Therefore, I have decided to go the route of making an appointment and taking with me a completed FORM TM7 with all the other required documents, including my bank passbook showing an overseas ฿400 deposit and bank letter.

Again, with great appreciation, I am requesting input, particularly from any expats with personal experience with the visa extension based on marriage procedure.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

Regards appointment you need to be 15 mins early.

Also hard copy print out of appointment confirmation.

Re banking you mention overseas deposit of the 400k baht in Thai bank account.

Does not need to be shown to come from overseas. 

You can do the bank letter etc prior to appointment as banks are located on lower level CW complex. 

(apart from SCB) .

Regards getting to CW, apart from thread link I posted above, since you have your wife with you I would get a taxi. 

The Red line BTS now runs to Laksi and that is not far from CW. 

Edited by DrJack54

Regarding how to get to CW Imm., sidleonard  I hope the information already provided is helpful enough. (I don't live in Bkk now but when I did years ago I would just get a taxi to CW. Easy, and with my mind on paperwork and full of dread at the horrors I might face there ???? I couldn't handle crowded public transport!)

But anyway, just wanted to say I wasn't aware that you can now submit your application for the marriage extension online, uploading documents, etc, as you state, sidleonard. Online apppointments, yes, but not applications. So I am interested to know more about that if anyone reading this thread can provide more info'. 

(But if you still have to attend in person anyway then I wonder how online applications can make the process easier. ????)

Anyway, hope your application goes fine. ????

Last Wednesday I took grab to immigration. On the way back I was bored and didn't know what to do with the rest of my day, so I walked to the bus stop, opened google maps and saw that bus number 166 goes to Victory Monument. It is an old blue Aircon bus. The ride was 22 baht and it was very quick as most of the trip is on the motorway.  Pleasantly surprised. Just make sure you go the right way. It is the bus opposite of tesco lotus and big c, not next to it.

Edited by Celsius
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Dr.Jack54

My thanks also to John for his input regarding the best method of going from downtown Bangkok to the Chaeng Wattana government complex; sure seems like the best option is via taxi (perhaps Grab?) - anyone know the best day/time and how long it takes?

Also, Dr. Jack, regarding your statement that “400k baht in Thai bank account does not need to be shown to come from overseas.” I would certainly prefer to simply transfer the funds from our joint savings account at Bangkok Bank, which has a balance of >฿1M (all transferred via WISE over the last 3 years), to the personal account that I must open, but there seems to be a difference of opinion among expat bloggers as to whether or not I can do so; some refer me to the SIAM LEGAL law firm website regarding the visa extension based on marriage which states that the supporting documents as proof of the ฿400K security deposit in a personal Thai bank account include an updated passbook and a Bank letter stating that the money had been deposited to the account from an overseas source for not less than 2 months. Since you, and Ubonjoe, in whom I have confidence, both have said, with assurance, that I can do the aforementioned transfer would you please provide, I assume from your personal experience, the reason you are so confident I can do said transfer. I thank you, with my promise that this is my final request regarding this matter.