One dead, another seriously injured in Samut Sakhon plane crash

snoop1130

552075.jpg

The president of the Friends Flying Club in Samut Sakhon province died and his companion suffered serious injuries when their two-seater plane crashed into a tree before plunging into a shrimp pond in Mueang district this morning (Wednesday).

The deceased man has been identified as 55-year-old “Prakit” and the other person as a 45-year-old female known as “Saeng”. She was rushed to Samut Sakhon Hospital by EMTs.

The owner of the shrimp farm, in Village 10 of Khok Kham sub-district, told the police that she heard a plane flying over her house and, suddenly, there was a big bang as the plane crashed into a tamarind tree and fell into the pond.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/one-dead-another-seriously-injured-in-samut-sakhon-plane-crash/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2023-03-08

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I had no idea that there was private plane ownership here. May the gentleman RIP and a speedy recovery to the passenger.  Is there an equivalent to the NTSB that would investigate the crash and the cause?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I had no idea that there was private plane ownership here. 

Theres actually a fair bit.. 

I was just talking to a microlight and small plane club that does pilot training.. Would like to get my microlight club pilot license. 

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I had no idea that there was private plane ownership here. May the gentleman RIP and a speedy recovery to the passenger.  Is there an equivalent to the NTSB that would investigate the crash and the cause?

Doubtful, if they did it wouldn't be anywhere near as professional.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, steven100 said:

The Aircraft Accident Investigation Committee of Thailand (AAIC, Thai: คณะกรรมการสอบสวนกรณีอันเกี่ยวกับอุบัติเหตุของอากาศยานในราชอาณาจักร) is the aircraft accident and incident investigation committee of Thailand. It is subordinate to the Flight Standards Bureau, Department of Civil Aviation, Ministry of Transport.

No matter how long you live here. Your sleays learning g new things that are interesting. Thanks. 

• Like 1

On 3/8/2023 at 5:42 PM, ThailandRyan said:

I had a friend years here years ago that owned small plane in Hua Hin. 

Could have been his wife owned it, but he flew it. 

• Thanks 1