No drivers - hung out to dry?

up2you2

Just now, MJCM said:

For what? For your Brother Printer?

1 minute ago, MJCM said:

For what? For your Brother Printer?

Correct - my Brother HL-1110 printer, no longer works on Windows 11, and now just tried Windows 10 - no drivers available.

3 minutes ago, up2you2 said:

Correct - my Brother HL-1110 printer, no longer works on Windows 11, and now just tried Windows 10 - no drivers available.

Did you check the Link in post #2??

3 minutes ago, up2you2 said:

Yes - it didn't work.

But if patman30's still working, I will have another attempt.

Uninstall it, on that page (link from post #2) there is also an uninstall tool that will remove all traces.

After that Reboot your PC and then install the drivers again

Or maybe after the Reboot your PC may already detect your Printer (that happened with my printer) so leave your Printer turned on and connected.

1 minute ago, MJCM said:

Uninstall it, on that page (link from post #2) there is also an uninstall tool that will remove all traces.

After that Reboot your PC and then install the drivers again

Or maybe after the Reboot your PC may already detect your Printer (that happened with my printer) so leave your Printer turned on and connected.

On my Windows 10 machine it has just had a complete new reintall, so nothing was on it. Nothing to uninstall.

I think Windows have done a recent update, and now for some reason (no longer suppoted) this printer device no longer works.

11 minutes ago, up2you2 said:

On my Windows 10 machine it has just had a complete new reintall, so nothing was on it. Nothing to uninstall.

I think Windows have done a recent update, and now for some reason (no longer suppoted) this printer device no longer works.

How can you then explain that another member (posted above) has NO issues?

Edited by MJCM

1 hour ago, MJCM said:

How can you then explain that another member (posted above) has NO issues?

No idea, only that he hasn't tried to print recently, or that on a new installation he would find that this driver is no longer available.

1 hour ago, norbra said:

Have you tried "Windows update,More downloads, Driver's"? Can usually find driver's of interest there.

Yes.

2023-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5022913).

It made no difference at all.

26 minutes ago, up2you2 said:

Yes.

2023-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5022913).

It made no difference at all.

On the update screen there is an option to view other downloads,select this then select drivers

19 hours ago, patman30 said:

i got one
it works just fine on win10

I also have a Brother HL-1110 and mine also works fine on Win 10 64bit.

I always use the manufacturer's own driver (If one is available) in preference to one automatically provided by Windows. See @MJCM's post above.

Edited by Mutt Daeng

I really enjoyed reading this thread. I love/hate Windows with a passion. I long for the day someone asks me to troubleshoot something like this, especially if I know it's probably something that's glitchy, just needs a different set of eyes, a guy who just takes it personal eyes, that is. Just stick me in the room with that dastardly Bill Gates son of thousand maniacs beast and close that door! I'll chomp mindlessly on sugar free gum while furiously klattering on the keyboard and scrape the mouse across that well worn Star Trek Generations mouse pad like a Stradivarius. I'll scream and curse at that Monitor "You WILL submit!" and by god if that door opens with anything but hot coffee(with a healthy dose of sugar/milk/red bull) I'll yell "Get the f out of here, I'm working on it!" After a couple of beatdowns I'll slide the uncomfortable chair back a foot or two..let go of everything and cross my arms. Sixty seconds of thinking how great it would be to chuck  the whole stinkin' metal from hell out that window! Then a terse "you motherf__ k_r!" and leap right back on the wireless logi. "It's round 2 you piece of sh!t!" Oh yeah, I'll pound that driver in there somehow, doesn't have to be pretty neether. After I get my way my hands spark from the keyboard and clench in victory. Deep breath, rub the hands, walk to the bathroom, fix the mussed hair, wipe off the brow sweat, wink at the mirror then go and calmly tell the desperate owner "you're all set". As I walk out I'm mumbling to myself, "I'll see you in hell Bill, I'll see you in hell". 

Edited by Furioso
it was just a small error, I swear.
  • Confused 2

• 4 weeks later...