50'000b Question Work Permit

I have heard that it is possible to obtain a work permit in Thailand without a degree if the individual receives 50'000 baht or more per month. Is this true?

If so, is it still the case with reference to an individual obtaining employment as a teacher and receiving 50'000 baht or more?

Will a work permit be given?

Any advice on this matter will be gratefully appreciated.

Cheers

I seem to remember that the salary conditions are dependant on your nationality, but basically you are right.

The problem is that the employer has to show that there is no Thais who can do the job they are offering you........

Without a degree and/or very substantial work experience you are unlikely to the get the WP.

Thanks for the quick reply!

I am from England and I have a years teaching experience and a tefl.

The employer has stated a possibility would be for the position to be teacher and teaching consultant to the agency.

Is there any way of finding out for definate without dropping myself in the perverbiable?

Cheers again

Is there any way of finding out for definate without dropping myself in the perverbiable?

Oh, dear. I do hope you are not being employed as a teacher of the English language.

Perverbiable, indeed! :o

Er... and "definate" :D

Thank you Astral for your information.

I take it there are no intelligent comments to be made from the other histerical individuals who answered my polite request for information and assistance.

If you do not have anything useful to say, don't say it. Don't reply. Don't waste my time!

I will ask again though. If anybody can give me further information or point me in the right direction on this matter, I will really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance to the more sensible and responsible readers.

Actually you have contradicted yourself.

In the first post you say you do not have a degree,

then later say you have 1 year's teaching experience?

Since 1970, all teachers in the UK are required to have degrees.

I believe this also applies to farang teachers in Thailand.

One year of experience hardly qualifies you as a "consultant"

and I must agree that your use of the English language, puts your whole topic in doubt.

That is why you have had fun poked at you, even from our esteemed Admin team. :o

There is no contradiction.

I stated I have 1 years teaching experience. I never stated that I gained that experience in England or Thailand for that matter.

Finally, regarding the spelling mistakes. This is a forum, not a classroom