Meta could rival Twitter as it reveals work is under way on new social network

onthedarkside

image.png.d3408ef2faf166d1a4cc22abc5a4e89d.png

Meta has revealed it is working on a new social network solely designed for sharing text updates.

The app would appear to be a direct competitor to Twitter, with a company spokesperson confirming it will be a "decentralised" platform similar to other alternatives that grew in popularity after Elon Musk's takeover.

"We're exploring a standalone decentralised social network for sharing text updates," a Meta statement said.

https://news.sky.com/story/meta-could-rival-twitter-as-it-reveals-work-is-under-way-on-new-social-network-12830211

image.png.8033fc895fa83122f8818dec54a3285d.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I remember when Google launched Google+ and went all in on it to counter the rise of facebook.

They failed miserably.

Fighting the first mover and dominant player is not a great strategy.

Facebook are trying to remain relevant - they will fail, might take another 10 years or so but it's going to happen.

8 minutes ago, ukrules said:

I remember when Google launched Google+ and went all in on it to counter the rise of facebook.

They failed miserably.

Fighting the first mover and dominant player is not a great strategy.

Facebook are trying to remain relevant - they will fail, might take another 10 years or so but it's going to happen.

I don't think Facebook would have undertaken this were it not for the fact that Twitter appears to be vulnerable.