Good deal from True?

The Fugitive

Subscribed to True Convergence for 5 years still paying 599 baht per month for 300Mbps/300Mbps plus post-paid SIM with 5GB data (which I’ve never used).

No problems so didn’t want to change ISP. Asked them to do better!

Same base price but they’ve increased speed to 1Gbps/500Mbps and applied 30% reduction for 12 months (now 419.30 baht per month).

First speed test; 949Mbps/562Mbps.

• Like 1

JJ will be along in a minute to claim he can do better.......

On an aside what possible need is there for insane speeds like that. Please dont say torrents or something similar (thats aimed at all posters not just OP)

10 down is more than quick enough

My home broadband in the UK because of the area is very slow at around 5.3 down (on a good day) but nothing buffers on live streaming of Sport for example

• Love It 1

6 minutes ago, Chivas said:

JJ will be along in a minute to claim he can do better.......

On an aside what possible need is there for insane speeds like that. Please dont say torrents or something similar (thats aimed at all posters not just OP)

10 down is more than quick enough

My home broadband in the UK because of the area is very slow at around 5.3 down (on a good day) but nothing buffers on live streaming of Sport for example

Totally agree. I'm from a semi-rural area of UK and was content with 2Mbps downstream. Coincidentally, only yesterday I read that (in UK) BeFibre were taking orders in my area for their 900Mbps/900Mbps at £25 GPB per month + 3 months @ half-price.

Back in 2017 we had the cheapest available (3BB ADSL @ 30/10) and I thought that was wonderful. My Thai niece then began working at True customer services so all was left to her. Personally I would have been happier with the same speed and paying less.

I had True fibre 650b/m 1gb u/d speed,too many outages so terminated contract.

Now have a DTAC sim 30mbps unlimited data installed in a Noname cat4 router supporting  a laptop and PC, 2 phones Sim 1400b renewable yearly

No problems with this setup. Wife has 27b per day data option with AIS for when she leaves the home,

I have similar plan with AIS for 9b per day

Edited by norbra
  • Love It 1

14 minutes ago, norbra said:

I had True fibre 650b/m 1gb u/d speed,too many outages so terminated contract.

Now have a DTAC sim 30mbps unlimited data installed in a Noname cat4 router. 1400b renewable yearly

No problems with this setup. Wife has 27b per day data option with AIS for when she leaves the home,

I have similar plan with AIS for 9b per day

Most economical! We have True and AIS fibre (house and shop) and have never experienced any break in service on either (except when PEA tidied/rerouted their cables severing all data cables). Bought an NT Thunder Net unlimited data SIM for 999 baht but it only works reliably in shop. House is apparently 'on the fringe' of coverage.