Ive had low Copper and Zinc for years. Finally doing something about it.

ubonr1971

In mid 2020 I visited a private hospital in bkk with lethargy / memory issues. Dr did many blood tests. It was found that I had low Copper and Zinc. They gave me supplements and I was a bit relaxed about it all and forgot to take them basically. 

3 yrs on and I did the same tests. Copper in 2020 was 670  and now in 2023 it was 680 (ref range 800-1100). Zinc was 65 in 2020 and now 40 (ref range 70-120). 

Over a year ago I was diagnosed with heart disease Cardiomyopathy. Also had problems with the soles of my 2 feet. Low labido. Thinning hair. The dr said take the 2 supplements for 3 months and see how I feel then and re-take the tests. So this time Im taking it a lot more seriously and will take the supplements daily and maybe report back then. 

Im raising this thread in case it helps anyone else to be aware of these deficiencies. Dr also said perhaps I should see a gastro dr bc I could have absorption issues in the bowel. 

If anyone has knowledge on these 2 deficiencies please report below

Do you eat red meat? Zinc is plentiful in red meat but not so much in other foods. If you don't eat any red meat then you need to plan carefully to get enough zinc or take a supplement. If you supplement zinc then you should also supplement copper as I read that zinc supplements can inhibit copper uptake. 

Over a year ago I was diagnosed with heart disease Cardiomyopathy.

Had any recent injections?  I agree with the copper thing. Recently watched a video that talked about that on alex jones. They like to give 'some' truth there. 

Realized my pipes in my new home are all plastic and one of the homes I sold to buy this one were all copper. I was thin as a rail in the copper house and my health went downhill since moving here.

I've been working on it by wearing a copper ring and drinking my water only from a copper pitcher. I also cook using copper now. I wouldn't trust any supplements. You can get enough copper from the sources I listed here, if my health history is any indication.

There is a reason they call it Dr. Copper in the investment community..  It's a hidden secret of being healthier.  I'm only a few months back on the copper trail. I'll be back in my skinny jeans in 18 months or so.. Guaranteed. I know this because this pattern has shown in other times in my life as well.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

There's an interesting Facebook group called The Copper Revolution: Healing With Minerals which I was a member of for a while. Lots of first-hand reports on there on improvements in health when taking copper. One thing I seem to recall from the group was that copper and zinc supplements should not be taken at the same time. I take 15 mg of zinc with lunch and 2 mg of copper with my  evening meal.

4 hours ago, ubonr1971 said:

Dr also said perhaps I should see a gastro dr bc I could have absorption issues in the bowel. 

Absorption issues can be related to all manner of gut issues such as bacterial overgrowth (SIBO), yeast / candida overgrowth (SIFO), leaky gut, IBS, IBD (Crohn's, ulcerative colitis), pancreatic enzyme insufficiency, gallbladder issues, liver issues, inflammation and a whole host of other conditions. One quick / temporary fix is to take a digestive enzyme with meals. There are many on the market. I favour NOW Foods Digest Ultimate.

Edited by mstevens

I got 91% of daily zink and 110% of copper in a 2 pills of calcium from Kirkland, lazada box 500 pills for 600b.

It also has magnesium, d3, b6, manganese.

For better absorption I do drop 2 pills into a big water bottle and sip slowly.

No, my yearly blood results show no deficiency, but I do as prevention. Probably you need to take them not for a few months but for life.

I think you should do blood tests at least once a year. If ill more often.

3 hours ago, internationalism said:

I got 91% of daily zink and 110% of copper in a 2 pills of calcium from Kirkland, lazada box 500 pills for 600b.

It also has magnesium, d3, b6, manganese.

For better absorption I do drop 2 pills into a big water bottle and sip slowly.

No, my yearly blood results show no deficiency, but I do as prevention. Probably you need to take them not for a few months but for life.

I think you should do blood tests at least once a year. If ill more often.

May I ask why do you do this. Have you been deficient in the past? Or do you think copper / zinc is really important for your health? thanks

8 hours ago, ubonr1971 said:

May I ask what does it do taking a digestive enzime like this?

The short answer is that digestive enzymes help you to digest food and, importantly, absorb the nutrition, minerals and vitamins in that food. People with gut / digestive issues might eat a very healthy diet but not absorb the goodness in the foods leadign to vitamin deficiencies which can cause a cascade of health problems. There are many possible reasons for malabsorbtion but digestive enzymes (and betaine hydrochloride) are a BIG help for many digestive complaints.

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, crouchpeter said:

The big vitamin and supplement con! Rarely supported by scientific evidence but only anecdotal. A billion dollar industry.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Ive had blood tests and deficient in zinc and copper. 3 weeks of taking only these 2 and I already feel a lot better. I have felt unwell for a few yrs and have been deficient in both for some time. According to wikipedia 25% of the worlds population are deficient in zinc. 

Normally I dont take vitamins but for medical reasons I think its worth it. Will get tested next month to see if my levels are up to normal range

• Like 1