Thai Tourist with American Wife Attacked by Stray Dogs on Beach in Krabi

webfact

image.jpeg

By Goongnang Suksawat

Krabi – A Thai tourist who was on holidays with his American wife was attacked by stray dogs on Ao Nang Beach.

Mr. Daniel Sudjai Kutrakun, 60, is a Thai national who has an American wife and normally lives in America. They come back to Thailand and visit Ao Nang Beach every year.

Mr. Daniel said that over the past weekend he and his wife were walking on Ao Nang Beach and saw that there were about five stray dogs on the beach. One of them rushed at him and bit his leg. He went to a hospital and paid more than 20,000 baht for various shots and repairs.

Full story: https://thephuketexpress.com/2023/03/13/thai-tourist-with-american-wife-attacked-by-stray-dogs-on-beach-in-krabi/

image.jpeg
-- © Copyright The Phuket Express 2023-03-13

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

14 hours ago, Kinnock said:

The problem of stray dogs will only be taken seriously when a Chinese tourist gets mauled.

Doubtful even then. Most likely the China tourist will be reimbursed medical expenses the next day and have a dog  bow wow wai.

Edited by IAMHERE
spelling
  • Like 1

Hope they are ok. I have never been to Krabi but it seems strange I have never heard of soi dogs attacking people (aggressive yes) other than when they are with their owner. Reminds me when I was on Koh Jum 18 months ago I was on my own at 20-00 pm walking back from a beach bar, in the distance I saw four dogs approaching (s--- was my reaction) when they got 10 meters from me they dropped to the ground, total silence, when I had passed they carried on. Next morning I asked at the hotel, answer they eat dogs down there

• Haha 1

I'm kind with the "Man bit by dog attacked by local hospital". I had my hand nearly removed by a dog a couple of years back. I don't think I put out much more than a 1000 baht. That included the shots and the returns to have it cleaned and redressed.

2 hours ago, BananaStrong said:

it's early, I'm on my first cup of coffee, and I had to read this 10 times.

maybe someone out there will understand.

Got to agree, its irrelevant where his wife is from! maybe a translation problem?

18 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Kill the tourist and take care of the stray dogs..... Violent street dogs should be killed, for the safety of people... No need to say impossible because Buddhism, as it sometimes look like killing people is more normal than stray dogs and that is accepted... 

It is impossible because Buddhism.

There, I've said it.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

Doubtful even then. Most likely the China tourist will be reimbursed medical expenses the next day and have a dog  bow wow wai.

Reimbursed Thai style with a basket of fruit as usual

18 hours ago, steven100 said:

The only way the Thai gov'  will rid this place of soi dogs and stray beach dogs is if they get pressured from news sources printing this story overseas.  Locals and tourists need to email the gov'  departments complaining about soi dogs and stray beach dogs chasing and biting tourists and kids.

This needs people action ....   not just words on a website forum,  no one in gov'  reads AN. 

Yes,  they read AN.  And simply chuckle at the farangs complaining to no avail.

45 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:
3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

It is impossible because Buddhism.

There, I've said it.

impossible to kill a dog, but no problem for a person...in traffic, with a gun or after a rape etc.. That is Buddhism too?

None of what you are subsequent gurning about is uniquely Buddhist either but you are doing a splendid job of lurching off-topic.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

No matter what all the dog/animal haters say the fact is that it is very unusual for a dog to attack a human unless provoked.

Yes, you could be right , Saying that some Soi dogs have been Mistreated and provoked before  Than those dogs will bite anyone that comes along .

We have one in the village here It attacks motor bikes and people /bite, if one carries a Stick /Pvc pipe then it won't attack. One old lady she has been bitten 3 times by the same dog. It won't be long now before it gets baited  like the other ones before this one.

• Like 1

Well this Thai man who lives in America with his American wife, is lucky to not have lost 

a limb to a stray dog, while he was on holidays back in Thailand.    I got chases by a pack of strays, and the next day I went back with several 

hamburgers for the dogs. They never chased anyone after that.  I had one rich guy in the area

who stopped me and thanks me for my service. He had been harassed by these dogs lots of times.

Sometimes you just have to solve a problem by yourself. There are still a few million stray dogs

that should be dealt with however.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...