Psoriasis

Tayida

I think I am suffering from an initial state of psoriasis: obviously I will go to a dermatologist, but I would like to know if any of you have ever been affected by it and if it has healed over time.

17 hours ago, Tayida said:

How you cure it?

You can't, there are many different medicactions one can use. Fir the stronger ones that use Steroids and Urea you need a doctors prescription and you can only get it from a hospital or real medical clinic.  For the psoriasis I have I use Dermovate cream with 10% Urea. It keeps the skin cells from growing to thick. However, you can not use it for to long as it makes your skin thin and you can end up getting bruise marks just from scratching very easy.  I use Xamiol on my arms and scalp as well as Daivonex.   I have splitches all over.  It is an autoimmune disorder.  The creams an ointments are not cheap at all.

Go see a dermatologist to have it checked out.

16788405171806429333202238886225.jpg

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

You can't, there are many different medicactions one can use. Fir the stronger ones that use Steroids and Urea you need a doctors prescription and you can only get it from a hospital or real medical clinic.  For the psoriasis I have I use Dermovate cream with 10% Urea. It keeps the skin cells from growing to thick. However, you can not use it for to long as it makes your skin thin and you can end up getting bruise marks just from scratching very easy.  I use Xamiol on my arms and scalp as well as Daivonex.   I have splitches all over.  It is an autoimmune disorder.  The creams an ointments are not cheap at all.

Go see a dermatologist to have it checked out.

16788405171806429333202238886225.jpg

I made an appointment for this Saturday: is it true that if I scratch the part affected by psoriasis and then scratch another part of the body, I can also infect the healthy part? It is currently evident on the right leg and I believe it has also appeared near the shoulder

IMG_20230315_085858.jpg

IMG_20230315_090252.jpg

59 minutes ago, Tayida said:

I made an appointment for this Saturday: is it true that if I scratch the part affected by psoriasis and then scratch another part of the body, I can also infect the healthy part? It is currently evident on the right leg and I believe it has also appeared near the shoulder

IMG_20230315_085858.jpg

IMG_20230315_090252.jpg

You are thinking of scabies not psoriasis. And indeed these pictures look like possible scabies and not at all like psoriasis.  Bed bug bites are another possibility. 

• Thumbs Up 2

47 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

You are thinking of scabies not psoriasis. And indeed these pictures look like possible scabies and not at all like psoriasis.  Bed bug bites are another possibility. 

Looks like scabies or bed bugs to me as well. No you can not scratch one part of the body which has a psoriasis patch and then scratch another area causing it to spread there.  With psoriasis if you scratch it, it makes the area scratched become inflamed and the spot can grow as well as causing bleeding.  My psoriasis was caused due to an auto immune system issue after a surgery which also made me a diabetic.  To keep the itching down so I do not scratch the itch as I was my dermatologist prescribed Hydroxyzine.  

Your dermatologist should be able to tell you what you have going on.

Edited by ThailandRyan

• 10 months later...

Dermovate cream I am having a hard time finding in pharmacies..... all say "no have"

Only been asking around Pattaya,,, is BKK a better place to look in pharmacies for Dermovate cream?

18 minutes ago, silicastorm said:

Dermovate cream I am having a hard time finding in pharmacies..... all say "no have"

There is a locally produced cream that claims to be exactly equivalent to Dermovate.

It's called Clinoderm.

Contains same substance (Clobetasol propionate):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clobetasol_propionate

There seem to be many other brand names for this kind of cream around the world.

15 gr, 118 Baht

Clinoderm in Thai script:

clinoderm.jpg

clinoderm1.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

When asking about medicine from home country it's a good idea to have a picture of package or leaflet to show and ask for "or similar". Some stuff in so many names in different countries.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

But still there seems to be a Thailand version of Dermovate,
Just that it almost 3 times the price (5 gr for 95).

Maybe the reason why many pharmacies don't stock it.

dermovate.jpg

Dermovate is a brand name. While it ecists in Thasliland do do  literally dozens of locally made brands of the same thing. It would be a rare pharmacy that did not carry at least one.

Stop asking by brand name and instead ask for Clobetasol cream. And write that name down to show them as Thais have their own way of pronouncing things and might not recognize yours.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1