Which type of water filter should I buy?

Batty

Hello chaps

I would like to get a water filter system installed at home, but I see there are a whole bunch of different options available, and my mind is a little blown by it all to be honest. I havent been in the best of health for a month or two and I am just absolutley knackered half the time - I havent got it in me to sit online reasearching this.

Could anyone just give me a heads up on what type of system to buy? Very loosly speaking I am after those cylinders that are fixed under the sink, attached to a small pump and connected to the kitchen tap.

I cant go crazy on price - just a budget option around 5,000 THB.

Im not expecting anyone to give me an actual specific model (unless you want to) but rather just a heads up on what it is I need to be looking for. What 'type' of system to purchase?

Really appreciate it

Batty

What's your water source? Do you have a holding tank and pump?

We have an incoming "crunchy bits" filter that keeps the grit out of the holding tank (we have a decent mains water supply). Drinking water goes through an RO + UV unit, the rest of the house just uses water from the tank.

Something like this https://globalhouse.co.th/product/detail/2011172029956

VEN-186897_2011172029956_20210215095906.jpg?d=03jz1BBbAf

The RO unit does make the water taste a bit better but I still clean my teeth in the water from the tank, I've not grown an extra arm yet.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Crossy said:

What's your water source? Do you have a holding tank and pump?

We have an incoming "crunchy bits" filter that keeps the grit out of the holding tank (we have a decent mains water supply). Drinking water goes through an RO + UV unit, the rest of the house just uses water from the tank.

Something like this https://globalhouse.co.th/product/detail/2011172029956

VEN-186897_2011172029956_20210215095906.jpg?d=03jz1BBbAf

The RO unit does make the water taste a bit better but I still clean my teeth in the water from the tank, I've not grown an extra arm yet.

Me too. 

• Like 1

If you are just using it for drinking water you don't need to put a pump under the sink.  A lot of the units come with their own little faucet which you can put through your sink if it has an extra whole in it.  Like the one Crossy put a picture of.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Batty said:

Could anyone just give me a heads up on what type of system to buy? Very loosly speaking I am after those cylinders that are fixed under the sink, attached to a small pump and connected to the kitchen tap.

I cant go crazy on price - just a budget option around 5,000 THB.

Actually, you should have the tap water-supply checked for what kind of filtering is used, especially if you intend to use it as drinking water.

Otherwise a two or three filter system on the water inlet would be sufficient.

A 5-10 micron dirt filter, which need to be changed regularly depending of dirt, which can be one a week or once a month; those kind of filter costs less than 50 baht each, and can be bought either in Mr. DIY or from Lazada, the latter offers the best quality, like US-brand Lambda-filters.

Eventual a charcoal carbon filter – if a three filter system is used – to remove bad taste and smell from the water.

A 0.5 micron ceramic filter, which states to remove up to 99.99 percent of common bacteria and other nasty stuff. The ceramic filter might need to be changed semiannually or yearly. It costs around 300 baht, cheapest to buy online from for example Lazada.

If you are going to use the water as drinking water you might consider an UV-lamp also – which is what is used for cleaning water in ice-factories – but that feature might be beyond your budget.

The tree filter type I mentioned...

wIMG_4011_water-filers_w800.jpg.301fb61116f2a516555a7651ef521a72.jpg

• Like 1

@Batty

"Im not expecting anyone to give me an actual specific model (unless you want to) but rather just a heads up on what it is I need to be looking for."

It largely depends on the quality of your water source.

It's usually recommended to get a Reverse Osmosis system (RO).

RO systems remove pretty much all impurities.

With RO you have two options - a cheaper one with a tank and a more expensive one without.

The more advanced tank-less systems work in "real time" - they don't need to use storage tanks (which need to be periodically sanitized) to store filtered water, have higher output, normally monitor the quality of filtered water and use filter replacement alerts based on the filter's actual usage.

https://shopee.co.th/YOMIZU-รุ่น-Kiyo-ii-เครื่องกรองน้ำ-RO-Tankless-Real-time-<deleted>-monitor-i.269977134.12225835321?sp_atk=a9368f10-a725-4ea4-939a-f894305c93cd&xptdk=a9368f10-a725-4ea4-939a-f894305c93cd

https://shopee.co.th/เครื่องกรองน้ำ-Xiaomi-Water-Purifier-600G-รุ่น-MR624-เครื่องกรองน้ำอัจฉริยะ-สามารถกรองน้ำได้อย่างมีคุณภาพ-i.389579344.8332978690?sp_atk=98619b4b-db8d-44f6-b9f3-ca88308bbdd6&xptdk=98619b4b-db8d-44f6-b9f3-ca88308bbdd6

https://shopee.co.th/เครื่องกรองน้ำPhilips-Water-AUT2015-ดีไซน์หัวก็อกแบบคู่-ระบบกรอง-2-โหมด-สำหรับน้ำบริสุทธิ์และกรองดื่มได้-i.41904241.20443256989?sp_atk=f78340e5-e4cb-475e-ad0a-523764f01bc8&xptdk=f78340e5-e4cb-475e-ad0a-523764f01bc8

Edited by unheard

We use a FL-001   5 stage   neatly packed under the  sink inside a cabinet ..  skipped the  seperate faucet that comes with it and use a dual inlet faucet (seperate controls and outlet ) from Mex 

4697930d0fdb139820782a5ecbfa1298.jpegimage.jpeg.d54198e6eb8fe28b8d071878f585ee06.jpeg

that's after it comes from  a   holding tanks out back     going thru a big blue 20 sediment then a carbon filter into another holding tank

all going thru a salt/brine automated  softener system 

all well water  30 meters..   torpedo/smurf well  pump.   into tank 1  then thru  the system that has 3 Hitachi pumps

it  thru the system,, into the house and various outlets around the  property  (6) all run off an automated control system with cut off for each level float and pump ....  we can run 2 showers 3 hoses and flush a toilet.  and never drop in pressure

kitchen sink and all bathrooms heated water

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1