first time border run, via plane, vietnam?

Any suggestions on where and how to do a border run?

Canadian passport, thinking of staying an extra 30 days or so in asia, if I fly to Vietnam and back, how long do I have to stay in Vietnam?

47 minutes ago, dj230 said:

.....if I fly to Vietnam and back, how long do I have to stay in Vietnam?

No time limit required but imo crazy not to spend some time near Bui Vien st.

Ripper joint.

Be aware that you will require onward flight for return flying visa exempt. 

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

No time limit required but imo crazy not to spend some time near Bui Vien st.

Ripper joint.

Be aware that you will require onward flight for return flying visa exempt. 

Interesting, thanks I’ll check it out if I go

thanks for the heads up, I’ll have a flight booked for April/May, I have some business to do in America anyways so have to leave by then. 

28 minutes ago, dj230 said:

Haha 2 entries but one was a 15 month covid stay

WOW, very very likely denied entry in the way your talking about. Now if you spend 1 month in vietnam and get a thai tourist visa your chances are much better but not 100%. I was similar to you and barely got in with a tourist visa after being out for 1 month in two different countries.

Edited by at15

22 minutes ago, orchis said:

Not really. I did exactly this last week, return from Saigon and visa exempt, without a hitch.

Depends on history of staying in Thailand.

You need to compare oranges with oranges

Also refused entry does not have a formula. 

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Depends on history of staying in Thailand.

You need to compare oranges with oranges

Also refused entry does not have a formula. 

exactly: you do not need to compare apples and oranges. 

I did like OP: original entry plus covid extensions made me first stay 16 months, then one more entry  with extensions.
after that I flew to Saigon for a very short stay and returned to Bangkok one week ago, with an 'onward flight' booked through the website with the same name.
got visa exempt 45 days with no discussion.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, at15 said:

WOW, very very likely denied entry in the way your talking about. Now if you spend 1 month in vietnam and get a thai tourist visa your chances are much better but not 100%. I was similar to you and barely got in with a tourist visa after being out for 1 month in two different countries.

What’s your travel history like in Thailand? Did you enter already once during the year? 

I got a tourist visa my last entry because I was worried but it was so laid back at immigrations I don’t think I’ll do another one. I’ll have an onward ticket. 

literally they just let anyone in with a Canadian/US passport from what I saw. People had no documents, passport + boarding pass, stamped in with visa exempt within 5 minutes or less. 

I'm doing this on the 25th, back on the following morning, I did ask my local Immigration office what the procedure is and was told overnight was acceptable, my girlfriend did ask if out and back would be OK and he did say technically yes but it is preferred to be different dates. We'll see what happens.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2023 at 7:55 PM, at15 said:

Would you mind sharing where did you apply for your tourist visa, and how was the process?