Police arrest police! Big Joke's team go after immigration major for 10MB abduction/extortion of Chinese businessman

webfact

4 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

This means negotiations are ongoing.  Otherwise just swoop down and arrest them after making vague statements like we are doing our best to find out who they are.

They actually intimated that they do know who they are but need arrest warrants.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

It remains to be seen if the current pressure being faced by the RTP is just rhetoric or leads to serious action.

You really should save this particular phrase wrapping up an article about police corruption, you will need it again and again.

Edited by klauskunkel
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

This latest case is a further headache for RTP chief Pol Gen Damrongsak Kittipraphat, notes ASEAN NOW.

Since he took over in September there has been one scandal after another whether it be the connivance of police with "grey Chinese" investors, motorcades for cash to Pattaya, police mixed up in gambling and drugs, or the very public extortion of a Taiwanese actress and her party.

More than 100 immigration officers from the north east and north are also being investigated for corruption.

Paints a rosy picture of Thailands finest.

6 hours ago, mikebell said:

So why not arrest them without warning?

Because if arrests were made it would have to go to court, and then we would learn how corrupt the justice system is.

Better to let them disappear, or through lack of evidence it just goes quiet.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Nothing like tipping off those involved that they are going to get arrested. Plenty of time to destroy evidence, intimidate or pay off any witnesses or do a runner!

Probably similar to the reason they are planning on arresting 'The Don' here in the USA after sort of announcing it on Friday and why they come forth with such an insignificant charge.

If he takes a runner people will (unconstitutionally) consider him guilty. But such a jury would more easily be impaneled. 

If he sends around brown envelopes there is a high likelihood that someone will turn states evidence then there will be another mess. I would expect those brown envelopes to have little to no connection to the Don himself but to others for whom a scrap of paper with the word Pardon, might be enough.

The blunt and Cragganmore single malt have gone to my head so I'm gonna take my head to my bed.

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1

I find all this so laughable:

A chinese businessman, (here legally)? is fleeced out of 10M baht

Results in a trip to Chaeng wattana Immigration, and they pretty much know who they are"? Hmmn.

It is a Major and an RTP NCO.....

They are applying for an arrest warrant today.

The major and his accomplice(s) don't follow the news/listen to the radio or watch TV -so they don't know?

They will arrest him and them.

If they are still in Thailand.........

Nothing like a heads-up on your pending arrest, eh?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Is he not Chinese and is he not a man? What about Englishman, Welshman, etc. not derogatory in your 'woke' mind because they are Caucasian, a sort of reverse racism. Woke nonsense again.

Someone is watching too much FOX and is a bit wound up about their latest dog whistle catch phrase. Take a breath and just switch to a different station. Everything is gunna be alright

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bundooman said:

I find all this so laughable:

A chinese businessman, (here legally)? is fleeced out of 10M baht

Results in a trip to Chaeng wattana Immigration, and they pretty much know who they are"? Hmmn.

It is a Major and an RTP NCO.....

They are applying for an arrest warrant today.

The major and his accomplice(s) don't follow the news/listen to the radio or watch TV -so they don't know?

They will arrest him and them.

If they are still in Thailand.........

Nothing like a heads-up on your pending arrest, eh?

According to the other newspaper, three of them reported to their commander, and are being questioned; one did not.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ALLSEEINGEYE said:

Someone is watching too much FOX and is a bit wound up about their latest dog whistle catch phrase. Take a breath and just switch to a different station. Everything is gunna be alright

I don't watch television and if I did it wouldn't be Fox. These days it is impossible to get unbiased reporting on anything so I am skeptical of everything. I read 4 English online newspapers and 2 German magazines and form my own opinions that aren't necessarily correct. I rely on my own common sense for subjective feelings of what is correct. It might say something that I hold Ricky Gervais in high regard as a sensible comedian and film maker (not PC)

• Thumbs Up 1

More keystone cops, warnings your about to be arrested, no transparency after the arrest with cases being swept under the carpet, as usual...

It's all just headline stuff trying desperately to keep their heads above water before they sink into the abyss.