Maximum number of back to back METV visas

There is no official limit. It is up to the Thai embassy in your home country. It is very variable, with some embassies certainly seeming quite willing to issue you serial METVs.

However, acquiring the visa is not the only issue you need to worry about. Although I have seen no recent reports of this, historically, there were cases where Immigration at Suvarnabhumi or Don Muang refused to honour newly minted METVs, apparently based on the fact that you had been in Thailand too much as a tourist, and they disagreed with the embassy's decision to grant you the visa. At the current time, the risk of this appears to be very low, but it is advisable to keep an eye open for reports of this practice reappearing. If it does, enter through airports that have historically invariably honoured visas (such as Chiang Mai) or enter via almost any land crossing.

Edited by BritTim
  • Like 1

OP, you have two hurdles.

Some countries Thai consulates might be reluctant to issue back to back METV.

Think France is one example.

Oz on the other hand no problem.

The next issue is entry into Thailand with so much time spent in Thailand ongoing.

The thread attached is long thread of rejected entry experience with METV.

Keep in mind this thread is 2019 and at that time Bangkok airports went on some crusade.

Personally I wouldn't attempt it.

Few months (3) between visas a better option.

• Like 1

I requested the same information from the Royal Thai Consulate, London 7 months ago, below is a straight copy paste (blue):

Me: "Is there a wait period before a new application can be made after one Multi entry tourist visa ends? "

The reply was:

" Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your email.
The answer is NO. 

Warmest regards,
The Visa Team "
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I've not seen people post about METVs since covid, maybe more difficult to get now. I used multiple METVs a few years ago

They are much more difficult to obtain than when I was using them some 20 years ago. A list of utterly ludicrous 'requirements'. Can't be bothered with that lot. If I didn't have a Non-O I'd be squeezing the visa exempts for what they're worth.

• Confused 2

4 hours ago, BusyB said:

They are much more difficult to obtain than when I was using them some 20 years ago. A list of utterly ludicrous 'requirements'. Can't be bothered with that lot. If I didn't have a Non-O I'd be squeezing the visa exempts for what they're worth.

Curious post as Thailand didn't start offering the METV until 2015. And the requirements aren't at all ludicrous.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChristianBlessing said:

Curious post as Thailand didn't start offering the METV until 2015. And the requirements aren't at all ludicrous.

when i got METVs the requirements were a problem for many, such as company reg document, last tax return, it wasn't the same in every consulate

6 hours ago, ChristianBlessing said:

Ok, back then it was a triple entry for 60 days a time, + 30 days extension a time - 270 days in all ... the requirements also didn't involve a financial striptease for the previous six months. I find that last extremely onerous. Others may differ.