Police in armed stand-off with gunman who allegedly killed 2 in Phetchaburi

snoop1130

1-8.jpg

About 100 police officers have surrounded a house in Mueang district of Phetchaburi province this afternoon (Wednesday), where a man is holding out after he allegedly shot two people dead and injured another.

Police have also cordoned off the Krungpetch Villa housing estate, in which the house is located.

The gunman has been identified by eyewitnesses as “Anuwat” and they say that he was under stress ahead of a court hearing this afternoon.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/police-in-armed-stand-off-with-gunman-who-allegedly-killed-2-in-phetchaburi/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2023-03-22

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Olav Seglem said:

Whats going on inside heads of thai men.

Think natural to be stressed if going to testify in court.

But that "stress" is absolutely no excuse to kill other people.

Lock him up for rest of life...

Nah a couple wai's in court out in no time. 

• Like 2

Many people probably wanted to tell me, "Thailand??!!?!?  That's like the Wild Wild West and you never know what will happen!!!"

Yes, yes, I know, but I can get noodle soup for 20 baht and negotiate a gf for 200.   If I get shot over my noodle soup, well, hope I don't get a cleaning fee.

I used to think Thailand was safe, now I have to hear the name of the place first.   (Note:  BKK was never safe, but "safer" than other cities I guess).   It's not like Google or the news will cover crimes near those train tracks.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BananaStrong said:

Many people probably wanted to tell me, "Thailand??!!?!?  That's like the Wild Wild West and you never know what will happen!!!"

Yes, yes, I know, but I can get noodle soup for 20 baht and negotiate a gf for 200.   If I get shot over my noodle soup, well, hope I don't get a cleaning fee.

I used to think Thailand was safe, now I have to hear the name of the place first.   (Note:  BKK was never safe, but "safer" than other cities I guess).   It's not like Google or the news will cover crimes near those train tracks.  

I have never had a real problem in Thailand and have mostly felt safe.

Going out in Thailand i felt a lot saver then going out in my home town.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BananaStrong said:

why do you rabbit on without sense in your comment ?

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

About 100 police officers have surrounded a house in Mueang district of Phetchaburi province this afternoon (Wednesday), where a man is holding out after he allegedly shot two people dead and injured another.

From the link:

Witnesses claim that the gunman appears to be unstable, as he randomly fired at people in the housing estate.

Seems the usual in-action from local authorities has once again allowed a situation escalate to the point where people have to die before anything happens.

2 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

I missed that bit "he killed 2 people''   he shot at 2 not dead yet is what I read, must be those drugs you hate so much.

I was referring to the headline ...

Police in armed stand-off with gunman who allegedly killed 2 in Phetchaburi